Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Lime Street Area

PhilipG

Quote Originally Posted by Suburban View Post
    Due to the sheer selfishness and bloodymindedness of the owners of the tattiest row of shops I have ever seen this important scheme has now collapsed.
    Bohn's bookshop moved to Lime Street from Berry Street, and that shop has been unused ever since!

Quote Originally Posted by PhilipG View Post
    Bohn's bookshop moved to Lime Street from Berry Street, and that shop has been unused ever since!
    I have only ever bought one book from that Bohn's bookshop. One!

Last edited by A.D.W; 09-07-2007 at 04:36 PM.
    Currently Ignoring:
    The Door Bell
    The voices in my head

The only saving grace in this is the news that the whole row facing the ABC cinema will be restored along with the facade of the Futurist cinema,this is long overdue IMO.

The gateway will still be done but without the tower proposal incase anyone's confused.

PhilipG

Quote Originally Posted by Paul D View Post
    The only saving grace in this is the news that the whole row facing the ABC cinema will be restored along with the facade of the Futurist cinema,this is long overdue IMO.
    I thought everything between the Crown and the Vines was going to be demolished.
    Is that not now the case?

Bad news that we've lost the tower , but at least getting rid of the Concourse Tower and the grotty shops will be a vast improvement in itself.

John(Zappa)

Just getting rid of them grotty shops will be a vast improvement.Also if they sort the pedestrian crossing it will be a bonus.I have seen many people dithering crossing over from Lime st.

kat2

Philip, I thought there was a long standing lime street thread? you seem to have posted into it?http://www.yoliverpool.com/forum/showthread.php?t=976
    just a little reminder of what you were saying to me earlier and how it all makes sense.I know you didnt start this thread, but you are contributing towards it? and, i have noticed that you havent said anything to the origional poster, like u have with me? doubling of standards perhaps?
    kat
    Last edited by kat2; 09-08-2007 at 12:08 AM.

Blog Entries

Just a reminder again

Forum Etiquette | Forum Rules

Become A Supporter 👇

Donate Via PayPal

Donate

kat2

so, Kev, your not going to move this thread to the correct lime street thread that already exists?. Just wondered considering as you put it, on going threads and contributing to an ongoing thread? Your Lime Street thread has been going for a few years now, shouldnt the above posts be added to that existing thread, or do you have issues with my threads only?
    forum rules are fine provided those that monitor them make sure that they apply those rules equally for all that post in yo liverpool, and not just take it out on one individual such as myself.
    kat

Blog Entries

Kat, I thought about it this morning and was just about to then decided not to as this is a project that is no longer happening and not part of the plan for the area, should it be resurrected, I will merge it with the main Lime Street area thread. Its in the development section, that'll do for now.
    Become A Supporter 👇

Donate Via PayPal

Donate

kat2

The Lime street project is not dead, as implied by the poster, all that is happening is that the tower has not got approval, the works to the station where the shops are, I understand is still on going.
    The tower has always been an issue, (cant think why)
    but improvements to the frontage at that end of lime street station together with works at the abc cinema means hopefully things should be a little better.
    dont forget also the bigger plan, if St Johns is going to be re developed in 2009 and how that links up with lime street?
    i dont think things are dead in thewater yet.
    kat

Blog Entries

Thanks for the input.
    Become A Supporter 👇

Donate Via PayPal

Donate

Quote Originally Posted by PhilipG View Post
    I thought everything between the Crown and the Vines was going to be demolished.
    Is that not now the case?
    Most of it is but not the Futurist I think,I can't wait too see the designs.

PhilipG

Quote Originally Posted by Paul D View Post
    Most of it is but not the Futurist I think,I can't wait too see the designs.
    Me too.
    Liverpool is about the only city in the UK (perhaps the world) which still has its first 3 purpose-built cinemas.
    The Bedford, the Kensington and the Futurist.
    That's a remarkable achievement.
    However, the Bedford is threatened with demolition, but we are trying to get it Listed.
    Last edited by PhilipG; 09-08-2007 at 06:36 PM.

Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast