Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Quincy's street life

John(Zappa)

Ohhh the first pic...The undies on him. Why they think this looks good is beyond me. Am sick of seeing the cracks of fat,thin,skinny,ugly, women and men.
    I hope a new craze comes along soon,like wearing your jeans/clothes that fit .

Keep em coming
    Real People + Real Liverpool = Reality

Quote Originally Posted by quincyg View Post
    This is a great one.

thank you. save for one or two modern additions it could have been a view from 150 years ago.
    Proud Scouser, with a dabbling of Welsh and Irish.

bore yourself silly at my Flickr page...anorak central!

Great pictures Must agree with the remarks on the underpants showing, i hate it. Also John, haven't you noticed a new fashion of late? I have seen a few girls in DRESSES, they actually know what they are The 70's fashion is coming back, along with dresses etc. Some girls spoil it though by wearing hug boots
    Life is what you make it

a v dull day the rain held off for most of the afternoon then it threw it down late on

surveying my kingdom; was on the bus when we stopped for traffic lights. I saw this pooch looking out the window

rhyming for a job; good job he hasn't got a truck!

fan-queue for the music; Bold St had a huge snaking queue for a Westlife book signing...despite my best efforts I didn't spot ged or Zapps!

tea for view; stressful family day and hubby needed cheering up so we had a nice cuppa in Debenhams restaurant. great views of the new Chavasse Park...roll on September 30th when it finally opens.

head for heights; rather him than me...atop Liverpool One

plus fours are back; first saw this bloke yesterday and missed getting a pic as I was on the bus. today he appeared again...

footloose and welly free; some poor child will have 1 wet foot by the time they get home.

rainy views; Williamson Sq

Church St

Chapel St

interesting sign in Lord St;

and finally one of the best bus stop ads I've seen for a while...little floating balloons

Last edited by quincyg; 06-19-2008 at 02:29 AM.

Cool stuff Quincey.. I enjoy seeing your pics...

I especially liked the little wellie... It reminded me of when I lost a glove.

Some of your traditions there ~~(if someone finds only one of something..they put it up on a fence , or nearby for the person who may of lost it to fine... ). Which is such a great idea.... We don't do that here, but think people should...

I lost a glove that I really liked.. and when I returned down the street in a couple of days... Some wonderful, thoughtful person ,put it up on a fence ... and I got me gloves back together..

I just think it is a wonderful thing that you all do there... Bravo for the pics....

I always put things on fences walls etc. It makes me feel like i've done something nice and the person who lost it will hopefully find it. My good deed for the day!
    Life is what you make it

Smile

brilliant pics as always quincy, love looking at all the different places, it is great for me as it is a number of years since I was in Liverpool so it is really different now and interesting to see, plus love the captions, gives me a giggle everytime.

Default LEEDS and back

slightly off kilter but as this thread is under general and non Liverpool pics are welcome I may as well add it here...

Went to Leeds with my son-in-law for day and half Thurs/Fri due to family emergency. Took my camera as a distraction.

M62 Yorkshire...always been fascinated by the farmhouse in between the carriageways.

we stayed overnight in a flat belonging to St James hospital for families of in-patients to use. it was in a tower block opposite the hosp. 14th floor! My vertigo panicked a bit but the view was wonderful.

south Leeds by night

to take our minds off things we went into the local pub. wish I'd taken camera in there as it was just like being in an episode of The Wheeltappers and Shunters! (Google it if you're too young to remember). We'd missed the quiz but did get to 'enjoy' Play your cards right...with 2 cards! still it took our minds off things and the Guinness was nice.

anyway the daytime view was just as impressive

Burton factory was right on the doorstep

there are rather groovy bendy buses going past the hospital

on the way back...the famous Scammonden Bridge over M62 near Yorkshire/Lancs border

there were cyclists going across it...rather them than me

son-in-law got into the spirit of 'spotting' by pointing out this old Mg on the back of a trailer on the 62...there was another old car further along but wagon got in the way grrrr

had to drop into Hough Green briefly on the way back so I was able to get this old sign by the station

then it was back to Liverpool and we dropped in at Lottie's. she was on Yo when we arrived

it was good timing really cos as I was getting dropped back home the Dakota that was doing a special flight over the city went over head

things are v hectic at the mo and there will be more flying visits to Leeds but I will keep camera with me and try and get more street life when I'm out and about.
    Last edited by quincyg; 06-22-2008 at 03:19 PM.

good pics and I hope the reason for the visits get better for you soon, drawn to the pic of the bus as I used to go to Leeds to watch Everton a lot and I remember the buses were the same colour as the old MPTE buses in Liverpool, , ( green and cream )maybe one likely lad flogged them a load of cheap paint in the day as no-one would choose those colours by choice,

Quote Originally Posted by shoney View Post
    good pics and I hope the reason for the visits get better for you soon, drawn to the pic of the bus as I used to go to Leeds to watch Everton a lot and I remember the buses were the same colour as the old MPTE buses in Liverpool, , ( green and cream )maybe one likely lad flogged them a load of cheap paint in the day as no-one would choose those colours by choice,
    cheers Shoney. it's a close family member we're visiting and it's a very stressful time with the distances involved, but she's in the best place at the moment.

as for the buses there are a few different companies running buses there that I saw. the city centre is all 1 way roads and bus lanes. it's certainly changed since I was last there 10 years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by quincyg View Post
    cheers Shoney. it's a close family member we're visiting and it's a very stressful time with the distances involved, but she's in the best place at the moment.

as for the buses there are a few different companies running buses there that I saw. the city centre is all 1 way roads and bus lanes. it's certainly changed since I was last there 10 years ago.
    sorry to hear of the stress etc..... we used to walk about 4 mile from the station to the ground, frog marched by cops on horses so you'd always see the buses, and as it was leeds it was alway cold and raining.......nice

Great piccies Q. We didn't get to bed last night till after 2am, after my brother was taken home. Long day!!!!
    Life is what you make it

blimey is it really 2 weeks since I was last walking the streets?! ahem...yes well

managed to get out a bit with the hubster past few days, but there's not been a great deal of really good street life about.

Let's all eat al fresco on the main road between Liverpool and Crosby and breathe in those healthy traffic fumes.

This has clearly gone walkabout from somewhere and probably lost it's appeal when the tabletop fell off...

The lead up to the underpass at Bedford Rd has been dickied up by local residents

pre-empting what happened to me 2 hours after I took this pic...

Hubby nearly choked on his coffee when he saw this girl walk past us today.

I took a quick pic, but it was only when I put it up on the computer I noticed the posters.

botox is quite expensive isn't it, wonder if they provide a bus ticket to get to the 3 areas?! Plus I'm not sure I quite fancy the idea of microdermabrasions!

more bizarre is what was written on the Echo poster on the shops door...
    SHEILA SOO(?) CRUIZIN FOR A WEALTHY SHARK

the Blue House is still looking for a buyer...Ged...

the Everton mural has been painted over.

someone kindly left Dixie Dean a drink (front left)

and finally this young man cut a forlorn figure walking up the middle of Neston St...

never mind lad, the new season starts soon.

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast