Thread: Major City Centre Bus Changes

Roving Arriva Bus User! wallasey's Avatar

Default Major City Centre Bus Changes

Just incase you were unaware; some of the Arriva Services in the City Centre have been altered. If you use services that serve Bootle and Walton and/or served Stands 10, 11 & 12 in Queen Square, You will now have to use the top two stops in Sir Thomas Street.

This is in conjunction with the opening of Liverpool 1.

This only affects Arriva Services, Stagecoach and HTL still use Queen Square.

Those of you who live in South Liverpool will be chuffed to know Hanover Street is due to re-open with services starting/ending at Paradise Street Bus Station.

For full Bus Service information, take a look at this PDF Merseytravel Document
    --------------
    --------------
    Personally, the previous set up was more ideal. No doubt Stagecoach will profit on the 53 route as I doubt people will be prepared to walk to Sir Thomas Street to wait at a stand which isn't even sheltered...thats if your unlucky. It is a poor show that buses which once served three spacious stands in QS now have to use two layovers in Sir Thomas Street.

Cross River Services now operate from two stands rather than three. I would hate to be a commuter in the City Centre with this current set up!

Liverpool Suburbia@Flickr

UPDATED 14JUN09 20 images added to Dovecot
    Last updated 26ARP09 (Aigburth)
    Apologies for the durge in updates!

it's a bit of a nightmare to get used to.
    our buses home from town are at 3 different places now instead of 1
    we waited nearly half an hour for a bus in Sir Thomas St yesterday.
    the buses don't pull into the stops there properly and block the buses coming round the corner from Victoria St. plus there's disabled parking there. so there's no much room for overtaking. should have been made bus/taxi only and moved the disabled parking into another street.
    it'll probably settle down eventually but as usual Merseytravel were slow in putting signs up. they should have been up for a month before not a week and the bus companies only bothered themselves to put notices on the buses a few days before the change.
    not everyone has internet access or a merseytravel office local.
    Proud Scouser, with a dabbling of Welsh and Irish.

bore yourself silly at my Flickr page...anorak central!

These bus changes are simply causing more congestion as the buses are now going outside central train station and onto Hanover street backing up all the way up the street. Not very well thought out it must be said.

speaking to a bus driver about this the other day he can not see this situation changing so we had all better get used to smoke pumping buses sitting outside the main merseyrail station going nowhere fast.

What a lovely welcoming smell when you enter the city. As if having Great Charlotte Street like this wasn't bad enough.

Anyways rant over.

PhilipG

It's great to finally (after 3 years) be taken further into town than Lewis's.
    It's also remarkable that even though Hanover Street is still a building site, the opening of Liverpool One has resulted in Hanover Street (magically) being opened to traffic again.
    And two-way traffic at that!

chatting to a bus driver yesterday and the powers that be are supposedly going to sort out the problems in Sir Thomas St... I won't hold my breath.

anyway, was on the 61 today going to the Strand and this saw this poster...Oh how I laughed.
    the best bit is..."to make getting in and out of the city even easier"!

Proud Scouser, with a dabbling of Welsh and Irish.

bore yourself silly at my Flickr page...anorak central!