YO! Liverpool
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Idea for an Estate/Area development

Thanks

Cool Idea for an Estate/Area development

Hi all

I may sound like a nutter here and i know it would mainly depend on funds, but i came up with an idea to improve various suburbs/new housing areas being built in Liverpool.

The idea is to build 'hotel ish' flat blocks but affordable for working class residents, Not exactly like the one imaged below but very similar in design. Various areas in liverpool which are run down etc can be flattened or rebuilt with these apartment blocks. They will also feature a small park area and a car park.

As said, it would cost money and work but at the end of the day will be a big improvement to liverpool. Even some modern flat blocks in eastern europe are designed like this and thought we should have somthing like this in merseyside. If they can manage to develop areas like that, why dont we?

ADVERTISING

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Wouldn't these be similar to the various tenements that Liverpool knocked down?
    YO! Liverpool has taken me 10 years to develop and maintain.
    If you like the website, please
    donate via PayPal!

Thank you

Thanks
    Blog Entries

I lived in Speke Rd Gardens in the '50's,whilst it was better than anywhere that I had lived before,it was still crowded.
    There was no real privacy,you could hear the sounds of all the bodily functions taking place through the walls,ceilings and floors. We complain about the conditions that battery hens live in, looking at that urban monstrosity brings to mind such conditions. Our ancestors craved a house with a garden and a bit of privacy. Town planners seem to be working to that end,and good on 'em! Keep science fiction for the movies.
    BrianD

Thanks

Eastern Europe as a model for new housing? Sounds like the failures of the 60's and 70's to me.

Thanks

Im talking of the modern ones 1990-now, Seriously they look like somthing youll see in Miami, not the shoddy communist era things.

As for the noise from surrounding neighbours etc, Im sure this can be done to an extent with sound proofing material/configuration.
    Last edited by Tockeyhead; 05-25-2008 at 10:38 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Tockeyhead View Post
    Im talking of the modern ones 1990-now, Seriously they look like somthing youll see in Miami, not the shoddy communist era things.

As for the noise from surrounding neighbours etc, Im sure this can be done to an extent with sound proofing material/configuration.
    Tell that to the people who live in the modern buy to let flats being thrown up in Liverpool. Noise in these modern buildings is still a problem !!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast