I am a little concerned about the recent local elections. In Kirkdale we were faced with the prospect of voting for a person who had been kicked out of the Lib Dems for her lack of attendance at council meetings ( one of the reasons at least ) who has been a Lib Dem for over twenty years. Now she has been given a free ride at the expense of the loyal Labour voters of Kirkdale. I read recently in the Echo that Nadia Stewart was kicked out of the Labour Party for her bad attendance record. This seems to be a double standard. I am now trying to find the attendace records for Stewart and Fraenkel to compare them for myself. I am hoping that someone on this site may be able to help me.
When Ms. Fraenkel was de-selected by Cressington she said she was sorry the electorate would now be represented by someone who no longer lives in the area. Will Ms. Fraenkel now be moving into Kirkdale? I won't hold my breath. I would welcome any input on this subject as I am appalled at the way politicians at all levels take the general public for granted. In Kirkdale we never see the Councillors at all, as it is an extremely safe Labour seat, yet look at all the attention they are giving Crewe and Nantwich, which Labour may even lose.