Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help Needed for Book Project on Scouse Italians

mrs zappa

Default Help Needed for Book Project on Scouse Italians

I am about to embark upon a project for a book dedicated to the families who lived in and around the little Italy area of Liverpool, mainly Gerard St, Christian St, Lionel St and Circus St. This also includes St Joseph and Holy cross parishes. Along with Terry Cooke author of 'Little Italy' and Ron Formby of the 'Scottie Press' families we are interested in contacting are...
    Albertini, Baccino, Biolettis, Bordessa, Capaldi, Cappella, Chiappe, Colletto, Frediani, Fusco, Gianelli, Imundi, Innelli, Mancini, Marengo, Miello's, Minchelli, Minghella, Muscatelli's, Podesta, Riozzi, Sabatini, Santangelli, Silvano, Tambourini, Tremarco, Valerio, Varcelli, Vernti, Ventro, Vermiglio and Volante. Also anyone else with stories of the area are welcome too.
    All information and photographs of the area which later became Gerard Gardens would be greatly appreciated either e-mail me here at the forum or e-mail to dmdanunz@hotmail.co.uk

Thanks Debz D'Annunzio
    Last edited by mrs zappa; 05-11-2008 at 06:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mrs zappa View Post
    I am about to embark upon a project for a book dedicated to the families who lived in and around the little Italy area of Liverpool, mainly Gerard St, Christian St, Lionel St and Circus St. This also includes St Joseph and Holy cross parishes. Along with Terry Cooke author of 'Little Italy' and Ron Formby of the 'Scottie Press' families we are interested in contacting are...
    Albertini, Baccino, Bordessa, Capaldi, Cappella, Chiappe, Colletto, Frediani, Fusco, Gianelli, Imundi, Innelli, Mancini, Marengo, Minchelli, Minghella, Podesta, Riozzi, Sabatini, Santangelli, Silvano, Tremarco, Valerio, Varcelli, Vernti, Ventro, Vermiglio and Volante.
    All information and photographs of the area which later became Gerard Gardens would be greatly appreciated either e-mail me here at the forum or e-mail to dmdanunz@hotmail.co.uk

Thanks Debz D'Annunzio
    Hi Mrs Z

The best of luck to you with your project. Don't though spam the board with help requests. I have reduced your no. of requests to one. I hope you understand.

Chris
    Christopher T. George
    Editor, Ripperologist
    Editor, Loch Raven Review
    http://christophertgeorge.blogspot.com/
    Chris on Flickr and on MySpace

John(Zappa)

Albertini, Baccino, Bordessa, Capaldi, Cappella, Chiappe, Colletto, Frediani, Fusco, Gianelli, Imundi, Innelli, Mancini, Marengo, Minchelli, Minghella, Podesta, Riozzi, Sabatini, Santangelli, Silvano, Tremarco, Valerio, Varcelli, Vernti, Ventro, Vermiglio and Volante.

Thanks Debz D'Annunzio
    Just to Bump this up a bit

Quote Originally Posted by John(Zappa) View Post
    Just to Bump this up a bit
    That's fine, John. Thanks.
    Christopher T. George
    Editor, Ripperologist

Debz/Zaps. Don't forget some who were missed out last time yet are still living in the area, the Miello's, Muscatelli's, Baccino's.
    www.inacityliving.piczo.com/

Updated weekly with old and new pics.

mrs zappa

cheers ged if you think of anyone else let me know, i am working by memory only and at my age its getting worse

I believe so, John said he celebrated his last birthday on his own
    www.inacityliving.piczo.com/

Updated weekly with old and new pics.

Hiya Mrs Zapps ,
    Just to wish you good luck ,
    My dad's best mate is a Riozzi , so if i can help you by asking him any questions fire away ,
    I was friends with a Donna Baccino in the 80's We lost contact as i moved house so much, but i'd love to hear from her again ,

Karen x

John(Zappa)

Quote Originally Posted by Ged View Post
    I believe so, John said he celebrated his last birthday on his own
    Did I say that? I can't remember???

mrs zappa

oi enough already you two stop cluttering this thread up or i'll breaka yer face! va bene
    Last edited by mrs zappa; 05-11-2008 at 06:20 PM.

mrs zappa

Quote Originally Posted by gorgeous View Post
    Hiya Mrs Zapps ,
    Just to wish you good luck ,
    My dad's best mate is a Riozzi , so if i can help you by asking him any questions fire away ,
    I was friends with a Donna Baccino in the 80's We lost contact as i moved house so much, but i'd love to hear from her again ,

Karen x
    hi karen
    thats great i seem to recollect that the riozzi family are related to my family (the d'annunzio's) somewhere along the line. would you ask the riozzi family if they wouldn't mind being interviewed
    thanks a bunch debz

mrs zappa

Albertini, Baccino, Biolettis, Bordessa, Capaldi, Cappella, Chiappe, Colletto, Frediani, Fusco, Gianelli, Imundi, Innelli, Mancini, Marengo, Miello's, Minchelli, Minghella, Muscatelli's, Podesta, Riozzi, Sabatini, Santangelli, Silvano, Tambourini, Tremarco, Valerio, Varcelli, Vernti, Ventro, Vermiglio and Volante. Also anyone else with stories of the area are welcome too.

Thanks Debz D'Annunzio
    just to refresh

Hi Debz

I have put a "sticky" on this thread which hopefully will help you get more attention. Good luck once more.

Chris
    Christopher T. George
    Editor, Ripperologist

Default They bombed our chippie !

Hi to everyone.

I joined the forum today when I saw this thread on Little Italy.

My great grandad came here in 1870 from Italy and from humble beginings - like so many immigrants at the time - worked hard to build a life for his growing family as part of the wider Italian community in Liverpool.

They lived in St. Josephs parish most of their early lives and the family business's peaked around 1930's when we had a number of Chippies and Ice Cream parlours in and around Scottie Rd., Currie St, Limekiln Lane etc.

I've been researching our family history for 20+ years and I can honestly say that it still facinates me. Unfortunately, all of my dad's generation have now passed on but the rest of us Pod's are still thriving on Merseyside.

And just in case you were wondering, no, it wasn't our chippie that got bombed. We did loose the site to the Wallasey Tunnel entrance though!

Regards

Quote Originally Posted by gatepark View Post
    Hi to everyone.

I joined the forum today when I saw this thread on Little Italy.

My great grandad came here in 1870 from Italy and from humble beginings - like so many immigrants at the time - worked hard to build a life for his growing family as part of the wider Italian community in Liverpool.

They lived in St. Josephs parish most of their early lives and the family business's peaked around 1930's when we had a number of Chippies and Ice Cream parlours in and around Scottie Rd., Currie St, Limekiln Lane etc.

I've been researching our family history for 20+ years and I can honestly say that it still facinates me. Unfortunately, all of my dad's generation have now passed on but the rest of us Pod's are still thriving on Merseyside.

And just in case you were wondering, no, it wasn't our chippie that got bombed. We did loose the site to the Wallasey Tunnel entrance though!

Regards
    Excellent that you found us, gatepark! Hopefully you can help with Debz's book!

All the best

Chris
    Christopher T. George
    Editor, Ripperologist

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast