Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Images of Old Liverpool

Thank you sir
    www.inacityliving.piczo.com/

Updated weekly with old and new pics.

Quote Originally Posted by edwardo View Post
    Samp.Yes when my boat comes in I'll get the book,the picture on the front cover was done to draw the crowd,he used to do the same thing with an old sword(as if he was going to swollow it).

I remember him at the Pierhead in the fifties, he would have a crowd in a large circle, he would be in the middle on the floor wrapped up in a large piece of canvas with chains and padlocks wrapped around the canvas, his friend would run the swords in between the chains and the canvas. After a small struggle and rolling around on the floor the canvas would suddenly bend in the middle as he sat up, the chains falling around his waist, a quick release and he was up on his feet to the applause of the crowd. A quick whipround with the cap finished the performance.

One day he was having difficulty getting out of the bag, two policemen arrived; whereupon his friend scarpered and left him to it.

Quote Originally Posted by PhilipG View Post
    This could be the way I'm going to "watermark" my photos.
    This is a postcard, and I can't claim copyright, but it's age (about 100 years) would make it difficult to find out if any copyright is still valid.
    After collecting postcards for about 40 years, I know that this image is extremely rare (and subsequently I paid quite a lot for it.)

That's a nice building. Do you know what it is,Philip,or are there no details on the back?

Dave.

Quote Originally Posted by Samp View Post
    oritelad

Found this old picture of Exchange Station, not very good' its a photo of a photo. can be found in the LRO
    Great picture-I've never seen it before-thanks!

Dave.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456