Thread: THIS IS WHY I LIKE LIVERPOOL

Default THIS IS WHY I LIKE LIVERPOOL

I LIKE LIVERPOOL 'COS I LIKE LIVERPOOL. I LIKE THE CHINESE COMMUNITY IN CHINA TOWN. I LIKE THE SMELL OF S*** BY THE SEWAGE WORKS. I LIKE THE TASTE OF ICE CREAM AT THE ALBERT DOCK. I LIKE SAYERS PASTIES, FROM LORENZO DRIVE. I LIKE THE LIBRARY AT NORRIS GREEN BECAUSE IT'S FULL OF QUALES. I LIKE THE MERSEYSIDE MARITIME MUSEUM BECAUSE THEY LET ME IN FOR FREE. I LIKE THE TELEPHONE BOX ON BROADWAY BECAUSE I FOUND 10p INSIDE THE RETURNED COINS SLOT. I LIKE THE LADY AT THE CORNER SHOP IN TOXTETH BECAUSE SHE GAVE ME YESTERDAYS ECHO TO WIPE MY AR*E WITH WHEN I HAD NO TOILET PAPER. I LIKE THE POST BOX NEAR TITHEBARN STREET BECAUSE IT'S RED. I LIKE WH SMITH'S IN TOWN BECAUSE OF THEIR MAGNIFICENT WATER FALL. I LIKE LIME STREET TRAIN STATION BECAUSE OF ALL THE BUSES THAT COME AND GO. I LIKE THE CHINESE RESTAURANT UNDER THE HOLIDAY IN BECAUSE THEY SELL INDIAN CUISINE. I LIKE THE RADDISSON SAS HOTEL BECAUSE THEY DO NOT HAVE TOILETS IN THERE. I LIKE LEWIS'S BECAUSE OF THEIR BEAUTIFUL ICE CREAM. I LIKE THE SOUND OF THE TAXIS, QUEUING ON THE RANK OUTSIDE PRIMARK IN CHURCH STREET. I LIKE THE TASTE OF SOME OF THE GERMAN LAGERS IN THE EXCELSIOR. I LIKE THE PRICE OF THE JACKETS AT THE MENS OUTFITTERS IN THE MARKET. I LIKE THE FEELING I GET WHEN I LOOK AT St JOHN'S BEACON FRO UNDERNEATH. I LIKE THE SMELL AS I PASS THE FLOWER STALL NEAR THE ABBEY NATIONAL. I LIKE THE FACT THAT I HAVE VISITED BOTH CATHEDRALS BUT NEVER SAID A PRAYER. I LIKE LIVERPOOL BECAUSE I LIKE LIVERPOOL BECAUSE I LIKE LIVERPOOL BECAUSE I LIKE LIVERPOOL BECAUSE I LIKE LIVERPOOL BECAUSE I LIKE LIVERPOOL BECAUSE I LIKE LIVERPOOL BECAUSE I LIKE LIVERPOOL BECAUSE I LIKE LIVERPOOL BECAUSE I LIKE LIVERPOOL BECAUSE I LIKE LIVERPOOL BECAUSE I LIKE LIVERPOOL...

By Stewy

Blog Entries

C'mon, Stewy. Don't sit on the fence - tell us what you think.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by kevin View Post
    C'mon, Stewy. Don't sit on the fence - tell us what you think.
    , and please DON'T SHOUT! Turn off your caps lock.
    Become A Supporter 👇

Donate Via PayPal

Donate

Partsky

I love seeing the River unexpectedly when I am driving around the City.

I love Liverpool because I just do.
    To the world you might be one person, but to one person you might be the world.

chippie

I love Liverpool even more now that I don,t have to live there. I say this in the best possible taste.

John(Zappa)

I lie L/pool- I don't Love it!!

Quote Originally Posted by chippie View Post
    I love Liverpool even more now that I don,t have to live there. I say this in the best possible taste.
    I know what you mean. You take a place for granted where you're there all the time. Now, emerging out of Central Station for a day's visiting, shopping, drinking and photographing gives me a massive buzz and I always feel sad waiting for the train to take me away again.
    But at least I only live down the road.
    Chester: a Virtual Stroll Around the Walls-
    http://www.chesterwalls.info

The Liverpool Gallery-
    http://www.chesterwalls.info/gallery/liverpool.html

The Chester Shop
    http://www.thechestershop.com

Chester & Liverpool Guided Walks
    http://www.chesterwalls.info/guidedwalks.html

I love Liverpool, I have since I was old enough to appreciate the city.

Football means nothing to me, but I love to see Liverpool OR Everton win, I love the away supporters coming to our city, bringing with them a boost to our economy and taking away with them, I'm sure, some great stories and experiences.

I'm not a big drinker - in fact, I hardly drink at all - but I love spending time in Liverpool pubs. I love the people you meet, like the guy I met standing at the bar in Ma Egerton's. He knew every song that was on the jukebox. I asked him if there were any Johnny Cash songs. "Aye, number 12" came his reply. He knew everybody that came in the pub that lunchtime. I expect he had spent many other lunchtimes at that bar. It's people like him that make Liverpool the city that it is.

I live a short ferry journey away from Liverpool, maybe that's part of why I can appreciate the city so much; because I can see it from outside, but too far outside.

My favourite thing about Wirral: The view - Liverpool.
    My favourite thing about Liverpool: Scousers.

One thing I can honestly say is that if I win the lottery and I have the money to live anywhere; I'll never leave Merseyside.