Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 715161718 LastLast

Thread: Beetham Developments

kat2

Smile

Beetham west update July 24
    Last edited by kat2; 07-25-2007 at 04:04 AM.

It's been about that height since monday and doesn't seem to have gone down any further so far.

Number one son, who works there, tells me it has been to windy to lower it any further.
    Phredd
    In the days when we had nothing we had fun.
    If tomorrow starts without me, remember I was here.

Not sure about wind, surprised it's not been swept away by water.

Yesterday I had a walk down Old Hall St for the first time in a few years. It's changed a lot! That part of the city's looking great now, looking vibrant.

I wasn't impressed though with the "back end" of the Beetham tower, while the river-facing side looks great, I hope they do something with that bare concrete wall. Couldn't they have glazed it all the way round?

Quote Originally Posted by iain View Post
    Yesterday I had a walk down Old Hall St for the first time in a few years. It's changed a lot! That part of the city's looking great now, looking vibrant.

I wasn't impressed though with the "back end" of the Beetham tower, while the river-facing side looks great, I hope they do something with that bare concrete wall. Couldn't they have glazed it all the way round?
    The rear of beetham west is being clad in glass. Have a look at the webcam and you can see some of it is already there.

http://www.beetham.uk.com

Thanks AK1. I assumed with the crane going the major external work was done and what we saw was what we were getting.

Is the top of the tower complete now because the crane has gone. I thought there was going to be two small spires or something on the top like in one of the pictures on the first page.

Blog Entries

A RESTAURANT situated on the 34th floor of the city’s Beetham Tower will be the “highest in Britain” when it opens in February. Read
    Become A Supporter 👇

Donate Via PayPal

Donate

When I've been driving down Islington lately I've noticed lit up red lighting about 30 storeys up, anyone know what it says?

That's the brothel floor Ste, they've thought of everything you know.
    www.inacityliving.piczo.com/

Updated weekly with old and new pics.

Happy new year Ste, my shoutbox isn't working for some reason. Have you seen that upset Sheff utd fan on the sport thread
    www.inacityliving.piczo.com/

Updated weekly with old and new pics.

While passing by last week.....

Blog Entries

Jul 6 2008 by David Bartlett, Liverpool Daily Post

A DEAL to sell a city developer little more than “fresh air” was approved by Liverpool City Council yesterday for £750,000.

Beetham Organisation has agreed to pay the sum, equivalent to an astonishing £84m per acre, for a tiny patch of land and its airspace in Brook Street, off The Strand, in order to resolve a legal issue over its 40-storey West Tower.

Last night, the council said it was a great deal for the city, but the Labour opposition said they were going to call the decision in for scrutiny by select committee to make sure best value had been achieved.

As revealed in the Daily Post earlier this week, the company had been unable to sell 60 luxury apartments in the skyscraper after the Land Registry had refused to register potential sales because part of the building overhangs 36 sqm of public highway.

Last night, Beetham said the agreement would allow the organisation to get on with the job of marketing the apartments.

The agreement comes five years after the Beetham Organisation bought land in Brook Street for just £163,000 from Liverpool City Council.

The company told the council it planned to either landscape the area, which was in front of its original Beetham Tower skyscraper, or add a small office development.

But, instead, it built a second skyscraper, the West Tower, including 116 luxury apartments.

Earlier this week, the Daily Post revealed how council officials were pressing for the company to pay at least £600,000.

Last night council leader Warren Bradley said it was an example of the public and private sector working in a collaborative way, and that the council had achieved the price given by an independent valuation.

A joint statement released yesterday by Liverpool council and Beetham read: “We believe the West Tower is a statement of confidence in the ongoing regeneration of Liverpool and that the city council’s handling of the matter demonstrates its commitment to supporting that regeneration and to supporting all businesses wishing to invest in our city for the long-term good of all our residents.”

Labour’s city centre councillor, Nick Small, said: “I think it is good we got more money for it, but we are going to call it in (for scrutiny), because we are still concerned over whether this is best value for the taxpayer.”

davidbartlett
    Become A Supporter 👇

Donate Via PayPal

Donate

Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 715161718 LastLast