Thread: cook family garston

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default cook family garston

hello
    im wondering if anybody out there can help me regarding my grandfather, thomas christopher cook. im afraid all i know is he was born 1922, and apparently came from garston (though some family members may say bootle)
    due to a family rift many years ago i have no sources to speak to, and unfortunatley the man himself died in 1988, so i am hitting a brick wall.
    so any tiny snippet of information would be greatly appreciated, and may even open up some new avenues to explore regarding records i could then chase.
    i know chances may be slim, but im hoping someone out there might remember the family or relations of them.
    thanks
    jt

Default Family info

Quote Originally Posted by jtmcc View Post
    hello
    im wondering if anybody out there can help me regarding my grandfather, thomas christopher cook. im afraid all i know is he was born 1922, and apparently came from garston (though some family members may say bootle)
    due to a family rift many years ago i have no sources to speak to, and unfortunatley the man himself died in 1988, so i am hitting a brick wall.
    so any tiny snippet of information would be greatly appreciated, and may even open up some new avenues to explore regarding records i could then chase.
    i know chances may be slim, but im hoping someone out there might remember the family or relations of them.
    thanks
    jt
    Here's his death record

Name: Thomas Christopher Cook
    Birth Date: 24 Jun 1922
    Death Registration Month/Year: Feb 1988
    Age at death (estimated): 65
    Registration district: Blackpool and Fylde
    Inferred County: Lancashire
    Volume: 40
    Page: 617

Birth ref West Derby 8b/1184 mother's maiden name Coulter.

Parents married at St Michael, Garston

Lancashire Marriage indexes for the years: 1903
    Surname Forename(s) Surname Forename(s) Church / Register Office Registers At Reference
    COULTER Mary COOK Robert Garston, St. Michael Liverpool 2072WD/3/5

Thumbs up

taffy thank you very much, you have given me the kick start i needed
    and can i say what a stunning forum this is, well organised, informative and friendly. i hope to visit it on a regular basis, as i have found some interesting as well as funny stories on here.
    keep it rolling guys as this is a gem

Quote Originally Posted by jtmcc View Post
    taffy thank you very much, you have given me the kick start i needed
    and can i say what a stunning forum this is, well organised, informative and friendly. i hope to visit it on a regular basis, as i have found some interesting as well as funny stories on here.
    keep it rolling guys as this is a gem
    No problem. You can order up the marriage certificate from the Liverpool Register Office. This will give you the fathers' names of the bride and groom and should then lead you back into the available census years 1901 to 1841.

Smile

well what can i say, put message out got reply now im back to 1827 and completley over the moon.
    thanks to you also seem to have located a cousin who i havent seen in twenty odd years who was also chasing the family tree.
    seems im actual looking for 2 husbands for mary coulter, so now the hunt for malone begins, never keep things easy these old relatives.
    any way another big thanks
    jtmcc