Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: McCartney concert

Quote Originally Posted by lindylou View Post
    We are gutted that we didn't make the effort to go to the concert, especially as it was almost on our doorstep ! but I'm afraid the ticket prices were too expensive for 3 of us to go - it would have been near £200 !! It was £75 for adults and £55 for kids.
    My backache wouldn't have endured 4 hours of standing up in those crowds either !! (yes I must be getting old !! )
    I do feel a pang that we should have gone to see Macca while there was an opportunity, and maybe we would have done only for the cost.
    Watching all those people who were there I can only assume they must have used their credit cards to afford those ticket prices
    A few of my friends and neighbours had a grumble about not being able to afford to go.
    It is often the same with concerts and theatre productions - I know people would love to see these shows - but they are often out of reach to the average person who just cannot afford it

That's my moan for today.
    I had exactly the same problem Lindy, I desperately wanted to go but just couldn't afford it. I would have liked to have taken my boyfriend as a birthday present and while I could have stretched to one ticket, I just couldn't have afforded two tickets paying in one installment.

I'm glad I got to see it on TV though as it looked fab, even if it wasn't the live worldwide broadcast we were promised!
    'We're are always the first to laugh, but also the first to cry'-Gerry Marsden

If you loved him that much you'd have stretched to that one ticket then gone home to make him a slap up meal upon his return

Who said 'Pig' ?
    www.inacityliving.piczo.com/

Updated weekly with old and new pics.

Well, he's not from Liverpool and didn't want to go by himself anyway! Plus my cooking is more of a punishment than a present!
    'We're are always the first to laugh, but also the first to cry'-Gerry Marsden

Well in that case, we'll let you off then

www.inacityliving.piczo.com/

Updated weekly with old and new pics.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234