Gambier Terrace in Liverpool is a row of houses situated on a terrace overlooking St. James Mount and Gardens and Liverpool Cathedral it was named after James Gambier. From number 1 to 10 are Grade II* Listed Buildings. They were designed by John Foster. Together with Hope Street and Rodney Street it forms the Rodney Street conservation area.
The terrace was built in stages, the first between 1832 and 1837. It was originally planned that the entire row would be built in one go, but halfway through the money ran out and number 10 was the last of the original build. The terrace was later completed to a cheaper specification. The terrace overlooks the cemetary at St Jame's Mount
The workings and operation of the cemetery predate the Cathedral to which it does not belong. The Cathedral, which began construction in 1903, occupies most of rock outcrop above the cemetery known as St James Mount (also known as Quarry Hill or Mount Zion) that in 1771 was established as Liverpool's first public park.
The cemetery has two entrances. At the north side a stone path lined with recycled grave stones descends through a short tunnel between The Oratory and the main entrance of the cathedral. The southern entrance near Upper Parliament street is through a stone arch between the Garden Lodge and the steps up to the Mount. Notable features include the Huskisson memorial, a natural spring and a system of broad ramps lined with catacombs. There is no access from Hope Street.