Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: The Quarter - Vermont developments

Quote Originally Posted by taffy View Post
    This structure in Toxteth seems different from that in the fly by video of the development.

http://www.thequarterliverpool.com/thetower/movie.asp
    I assume whats so far up is only a small part of the development they dont seem to have starte the tower at all yet.

Quote Originally Posted by SteH View Post
    I assume whats so far up is only a small part of the development they dont seem to have starte the tower at all yet.
    Yes, you're right and I was wrong !!! What's going up first is the building behind that which will front Parlaiment St. It was just the zoom perspective of the photo which confused me.

Blog Entries

16th Feb 2008:

Become A Supporter 👇

Donate Via PayPal

Donate

Blog Entries

Four-star hotel for £100m Quarter ‘gateway’ project

Feb 20 2008 by Tony McDonough, Liverpool Daily Post

INTERNATIONALLY renowned hotel chain Ramada Plaza is to open a four-star outlet on the edge of Liverpool city centre.

Malta-based hotel operator Corinthia Hotels International (CHI) has signed an agreement with Merseyside developer Vermont to bring a Ramada to its Quarter scheme near Liverpool’s waterfront.

The 173-room Ramada Plaza Liverpool will form the centre-piece of Vermont’s £100m scheme , within half a mile of the city’s new Echo Arena and BT Convention Centre.

The hotel will be aimed at corporate and high end leisure customers and will feature a fine dining restaurant, spa and business centre with conference facilities.

More than 150 full-time jobs will be created by the scheduled opening in June, 2010.

Mark Connor, chief executive of Vermont Developments, said: “The successful conclusion of these negotiations is a major milestone for our development at The Quarter.

“Ramada Plaza is one of the world’s foremost hotel brands and to secure such a prestigious hotel operator as CHI is a testament to the quality of the scheme and Liverpool’s growing international reputation.

“We are looking forward to seeing the Ramada Plaza hotel at The Quarter providing a welcome addition to the emerging hotel strip along Liverpool’s waterfront.”

The mixed-use Quarter scheme in Toxteth will form a “dramatic” gateway into Liverpool city centre, featuring a graceful 22-storey residential tower, office accommodation, retail and leisure space and a new public square.

CHI chief executive Tony Potter said: “We are thrilled to be bringing the up-scale Ramada Plaza brand to Liverpool for the first time in collaboration with Vermont, adding to our ever growing International presence.”

Vermont Developments was formed in 2004 by property entrepreneurs Paul Bolton and Mark Connor. They previously built-up Charlton Homes and its city centre development arm, Space, before selling it to Irish house builder McInerney Homes.

Earlier this month, the company revealed it had sold 83% of the 187 apartments in the first phase of the residential element of The Quarter.

The properties, at the junction of Sefton Street and Parliament Street, have all been sold off plan.

tonymcdonough
    Become A Supporter 👇

Donate Via PayPal

Donate

Default The Quarter - Vermont developments

Just thought I'd join the forum and say hi as Kev is an old friend of mine. Having worked for various advertising and design agencies in Liverpool I have been fortunate enough to complete work for a couple of development companies. One of them is Vermont developments - see their Quarter website here:

http://www.thequarterliverpool.com/thetower/movie.asp

The movie they had produced was very professional (30 grands worth all 3d rendered onto live footage).

Here is the company website:

http://www.vermontdevelopments.com/

[QUOTE=Downey;56970]Thought i'd bring this post back up as building work has now gone well under way, they have a big crane on the site and lots of work has been going on, I work nextdoor to the project for a roofing company, yet I have a feeling we are going to get moved, because I can't see how there going to build this:

Next to this:

Hi Downey
    I to work close by. Have you heard that you are moving. We are in an old building and I wound'nt mind been moved somewhere else!!!!

Have they old any flats in this?

Barely anything sold in the St Pauls Development, Beetham West hasn't sold a lot, Albany building up for sale with most of the flats unsold (owner went bust)

And yet they still want to build 1 bed flats everywhere.

Blog Entries

19th July 2008

Become A Supporter 👇

Donate Via PayPal

Donate

Blog Entries

INTERNATIONAL hotel chain Ramada is to extend its first venture in Liverpool at the waterfront Quarter development. Read
    Become A Supporter 👇

Donate Via PayPal

Donate

That's good news and a great shot,Kev. Can't wait to see it finished!

Dave.

Blog Entries

At last, I was starting to give up on this one:

Dec 18 2008 Exclusive by Neil Hodgson LDP

WORK is set to re-start on a ?100m Liverpool development which will employ 200 contractors at the peak of construction.

The Quarter, on the junction of Sefton Street and Parliament Street, involves a 173-bed four star hotel, 22-storey residential tower, apartments, office, retail and leisure space and a new public square.

Liverpool developer Vermont was pressing on with the first of four phases when it was put into administration in August by Downing Corporate Finance, one of its London-based shareholders, over a completely separate project in Salford.

At the time Vermont was involved in five schemes and chief executive Mark Connor said three, including The Quarter, would not be affected by the administration and work would continue.

But work stopped at the sites eight weeks ago due to legal and contractual problems.

As exclusively revealed on the ECHO website last night these have now been resolved after a deal was agreed with development partner Ethel Austin Properties and financial backer Bank of Ireland and preparatory work is now under way at The Quarter with a return to work on the site set for early January: ?We are back on site doing some enabling work and will hit the ground running on January 5 with a full team on sales and lettings moving on.?

Mr Connor, who heads new company Vermont Capitol, said their two other schemes in Liverpool?s Seymour Street and in Southport will also recommence early next year.

?It?s been a difficult few months but having reached agreement with all the stakeholders on the project we can focus on moving forward with delivering our vision for The Quarter.?

Residents are already living in the first phase of The Quarter - with 83% of the 187 apartments sold - and he said lettings, even in today?s credit crunch, are ?exceeding all expectations.?

He said the Bank of Ireland and Ethel Austin had been ?very supportive? through the crisis adding: ?I have nothing but admiration for how we have been treated by them.?

When work re-starts at Sefton Street next month about 60 workers will return to the site in the short term, peaking at about 200 as work approaches completion between 2010 and 2011.
    Become A Supporter 👇

Donate Via PayPal

Donate

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234