YO! Liverpool
Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The Quarter - Vermont developments

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Default The Quarter - Vermont developments

This is the site that is opposite NORTON SCRAP:

DEVELOPERS plan to transform a run-down corner of Liverpool with a £100m tower block.

The 22-storey high-rise will form the centrepiece of a development set to include housing, office space and an upmarket hotel.

Liverpool firm Vermont today revealed the scheme it wants to build at the junction of Parliament Street and Sefton Street.

If granted the go-ahead for the project, Vermont will create office space for up to 200 workers, a 132-bed four-star boutique hotel and 400 underground car parking spaces.

Alongside them will be 400 homes, made up of town houses and apartments. About 50 of them will be available as part of a shared ownership scheme.

The project will also create hundreds of jobs and training opportunities for local people, pledged the developer.

ADVERTISING

A planning application has been submitted after 18 months of talks with the council and a decision is expected by early next year.

More...
    Last edited by Kev; 08-23-2006 at 10:42 AM.
    YO! Liverpool has taken me 10 years to develop and maintain.
    If you like the website, please
    donate via PayPal!

Thank you

Thanks

Nice in'it Kev,
    I like to see new stuff going up around the city but why can't they channel some of this new stuff to the suburbs.

It seems to be forgotten that most of the people who helped put this city on the map were from the suburbs.

People will be coming to Liverpool and going back home talking about the city centre because that is all they will have seen. Investment in arenas and stadia and sports facilities needs to reach the outer lying areas of the city as well. Otherwise these communities will want their voices to be heard and there is only one way they will know how to do it and then we get a bad name.

Sorry Kev but a prime example is Garston (i can hear them now, here he goes again) this used to be a great docks & industrial area, look at the state of it now. Speke had a great manufacturing base which is being slowly whittled away. It costs more to bring it back in the future than it does to keep it here.

What is it they call it oh yeah, regeneration!!!!

Thanks
    Blog Entries

The Speke/Garston area has seen massive regeneration and is a hotspot for housing at the mo.

There's massive waiting lists to live in Speke.

But Garston has seen a big rise in new private housing as confidence in the area has increased. The higher prices in Allerton etc mean people move into areas like Garston. I know its all housing, private etc but I'd much rather see a new housing development being built on derelict sites rather than a patch of wasteland. The old firestation should look nice when its done, the matchworks is a success, the PC world that has opened on that old site is a bonus.

Anyway this is going off topic
    donate via PayPal!

Thank you

Thanks

Point taken.

The new development does look good though

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    donate via PayPal!

Thank you

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kev

This is the site that is NORTON SCRAP at the moment I think:

DEVELOPERS plan to transform a run-down corner of Liverpool with a £100m tower block.

The 22-storey high-rise will form the centrepiece of a development set to include housing, office space and an upmarket hotel.

Liverpool firm Vermont today revealed the scheme it wants to build at the junction of Parliament Street and Sefton Street.

If granted the go-ahead for the project, Vermont will create office space for up to 200 workers, a 132-bed four-star boutique hotel and 400 underground car parking spaces.

Alongside them will be 400 homes, made up of town houses and apartments. About 50 of them will be available as part of a shared ownership scheme.

The project will also create hundreds of jobs and training opportunities for local people, pledged the developer.

A planning application has been submitted after 18 months of talks with the council and a decision is expected by early next year.

More...
    Bout time they built me a tower.
    Gididi Gididi Goo.

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast