Early days of the Albert Dock restoration 1983
The former dock master's office on the right is now Granada TV's news studios and the building with the tall chimney, once James Newton's ship's chandlers and sailmakers (see it again below), is now a bar and restaurant. Behind this is the newly-built Merseyside Police HQ. In the background rises the massive bulk of the Anglical Cathedral.
The Customs House from Canning Dock c 1925
A crowded Albert Dock photographed in 1924. The three elegant wooden schooners were built in Nova Scotia in 1917.