Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anne Robinson

Blog Entries

Default Anne Robinson

Born Anne Josephine Robinson in the town of Crosby in Liverpool, England on the 26th of September 1944, this famous host of the hit BBC and NBC quiz show the "Weakest Link" (2001/II) started her career as a journalist for Rediffusion. She made her way up by working on the Daily Mail, Sunday Times and Daily Mirror. It was at the Mirror where she was to make her mark, being Assistant Editor throughout the 1980s and early 1990s; she was the first woman to regularly edit a national newspaper.

She credits that most of her formative education was gleaned not from attending the convent boarding school or university, but from working on her mother's "marled" stall. She is one of the UK's most distinguished broadcasters and journalists and was made an Honorary Fellow of Liverpool's John Moores University in 1996.

She is well-known (even in America) for her red hair, her dark Giorgio Armani suits, her impatience with organizations that give customers a raw deal (she was the host of the prime time BBC 1 consumer affairs show "Watchdog" (1985)) and, of course, her wink (which was developed when, in 1987, the director of right-to-reply show "Points of View" (1961) asked her not to wink - she subsequently winked at the end of every program.)

She is married to journalist John Penrose, who also acts as her personal manager (and whom she both divorced and remarried in 1994). Her daughter Emma, from her first husband, Charlie Wilson, is a graduate of the prestigious New York University and works as a freelance television director, writer and presenter in London and New York. Anne Robinson divides her time between her house in Kensington and her home in the Cotswolds, where she enjoys walking her English Setters: Maudie and Sebastian.
    Become A Supporter 👇

Donate Via PayPal

Donate

Gnomie

Sorry i dont like her

Quote Originally Posted by Gnomie
    Sorry i dont like her

ditto! I don't like that loud bossy persona she has.

Default Anne Robinson

The Weakest Link's Anne Robinson takes pleasure in ****ging off Liverpool.

Every time a guest comes on the show from Liverpool Anne Robinson takes a delight in denigrating her home city with jokes about crime, poverty and social security scroungers.

Famous guests are routinely asked if they still live in the city now they have some money to which the reply is usually a jokey no I live in Cheshire.

I know miss robinson an ex alcoholic used to write for the Echo many years ago but has she actually visited the city in recent times and seen its transformation. Obviously she is perpetuating negative stereotypes in the nation's subconscious.

Not so long ago Miss Robinson was approached by the police for ****ging off the Welsh but when it comes to Liverpool bashing it seems that's fine.

It seems that this is another example of Scouserphobia.

PhilipG

I don't like her either.

She pioneered the art of insulting the general public on TV.

And that wink. Trying to ingratiate herself.

theninesisters

Good luck to anyone making that amount of money in her life but for someone who is a washed up ex-alkie, I've no time for the comments she makes to people when she was in a far worse state lounging in some gutter with a bottle of 3lt Tesco's strongest Cider.

And she has no right to have a birthday 3 days after mine either!

PhilipG

I've just watched the end of a programme about Anne Robinson.
    Not sure what it was all about, but all I can say is it's a pity that her plastic surgery didn't go as far as her neck.
    I've seen prettier necks on 90 year olds.

Anne Robinson: My husband was the weakest link... but now I'm looking for a new man
    By Rebecca Hardy
    28th August 2009

Is that you, Mrs Robinson? New hair, new face, new body - now all Anne needs is a new man

Anne Robinson is busy sorting the frogs from the princes. Or, as acid-tongued Annie puts it, 'the princes from the prats'.

Now a prat, it turns out, is a fat, thick bloke who reads Autocar. (Television's Queen of Mean has a thing about obesity. She doesn't much like the Welsh or people who live in Coventry for that matter, either.)

And a prince? 'Speed of thought, wit, generosity of spirit, fitness ? and someone who doesn't read Autocar,' she says. 'It's quite difficult to find people who punch at my weight. You find a lot of men are frogs and prats, and the occasional ones are rather fun.

'There are one or two who float around. I like one nice man because he gets three tickets for the cinema so we've got somewhere to put our coats. He passes the test. I've been quite surprised because I really didn't expect to be wined and dined, and it's quite nice. I've had a lot of dates, but I don't think there's been anyone that special or important.'

Which could come as something of a blow to the 'nice man' who's kind to coats.

Anne, you see, is 64 and single, having finalised her divorce from her second husband and former manager, John Penrose, last year after 27 years of marriage. She had to stomp up a massive ?20 million, a third of her estimated ?62 million, but got to keep a townhouse in London's Kensington, a penthouse in New York and a mansion on nearby Long Island, and a cottage in Gloucestershire.

Anne likes her houses; money, too. She didn't like getting divorced.

'It was like having a car crash every day once we parted,' she says. 'I was taken aback, since I'd decided it was what I wanted. I didn't expect it to be quite so emotional, so that really took me by surprise. You delude yourself. You think you're not going to pick up a tab from it, but you feel you're walking round in someone else's reading glasses.

'I think we were both very sad. We'd have to have hearts of stone not to. You just feel quite low. You feel quite joyless for a bit for no good reason.

It's not because you want the marriage back or you feel you've made a bad decision, but you do have those first times when you do this or that.

'I remember arriving at Nice airport and having to take all my luggage on a bus to another terminal to hire a car and I thought, "I've never done this on my own before."

'So, there is a sort of first time you take a hire car, or when you have no one to zip up the back of your dress.

'But my firsts are probably different to anyone else's. I'm not most people. Like everything else I do, I never do it by the book. It wasn't as if everyone was saying to me, "That's a fabulous idea to be on your own when you're in your 60s."'

Continues >>

Blog Entries

Meooww, folk round here don't seem to go for her much. I reckon she's entitled to her opinion, no matter how ill formed that may be. Have Scousers become the steryotype they deny? Let her have her say, and each timewe can knock her down.

George

Maybe the BBC should have her as the next "Who Do You Think You Are",na pun intended mind.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by George View Post
    Maybe the BBC should have her as the next "Who Do You Think You Are",na pun intended mind.
    Ha, nice one George.

Quote Originally Posted by pablo42 View Post
    Meooww, folk round here don't seem to go for her much. I reckon she's entitled to her opinion, no matter how ill formed that may be. Have Scousers become the steryotype they deny? Let her have her say, and each timewe can knock her down.
    You should know the routine by now,become succesful = hate figure!E.G Cilla Black,Jimmy Tarbuck,Beryl Bainbridge,Alexi Sayle,Ringo Starr,etc,etc!Unless they all live in shacks,by the Mersey,eating bowls of scouse,and talking about nothing,except football,and of course,giving all thier ill gotten gains away,for which they will then be truly ****ged off! I often wonder if it's the same in other cities,countries? But really,does anyone care what Anne Robinson does?

I don't do hate!!! I love her, she makes me laugh! Good luck to her! Sorry guys!

I'm not keen on Cilla though, mainly because that accent is so overplayed! And I had to sit through endless nights of Blind Date and Suprise Suprise with my mother as a child, it has scarred me for life!!!

She's a very rude woman - very insulting
    "If you want something doing, ask a man. If you want something done correctly, ask a woman"

Keeping It Real !!!!!!!!! ItsaZappathing's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kat View Post
    She's a very rude woman - very insulting
    Even worse....She's ginger

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast