Now, we've got lots of posts for ghosts and UFO's so I'm not going down that road, but have any of you ever seen something which you know you are seeing in broad daylight but made you feel slightly odd?

Two things which have happened to me, one which was yesterday, one which was years ago. One made me feel so happy, the other scared the crap out of me.

Years ago I was in Calderstones Park, a normal place for me to go on the bike on a weekend when it was nice and sunny. The main area of the park is always busy and welcoming but perhaps the other side which borders Menlove Avenue I've always found less 'busy' and never seems to get as warm (physically) as the other park on a sunny day - anyway, there is an exit to Menlove Avenue and I was in the park looking that way when I noticed a couple following the path and walking out towards the exit. Although they were very much real looking, they appeared to have slightly 'older style' clothes - something that you would see from the last century. They weren't flamboyant just too dressed up for the park if you see what I mean. I immediatelly got this real sense of calm looking at them and wished that I could have taken a black and white picture of them as it really would have looked like a last century picture. Being a tad younger, I never followed them but I got an amazing sense of 'all is OK with the world' and cycled home.

The other one was yesterday. I get my hair cut in Wavertree and generally hop on the bus from Childwall as it's easier to get off without having to cram a large Volvo down a side road to park. As the bus travelled up Childwall Road, the stop before Somerfield on the left, the bus passed this old woman - she was dressed totally in black, black shoes, skirt, coat and had a black hat on, but as we passed at slow speed, her expression really scared me. She was utterly motionless in her expression - it was just a fixed scowl - and she was focusing on something as if she was looking through the bus but she looked slightly 2D in her appearence and just looking at her made me feel really unnerved. I'm sure everyone on the bus passed a glance at her - i,e it wasn't just me, but her expression was just the wrong 'look' for where she was standing as if she had been placed there.