Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: East Liverpool ghosts and oddities

Blog Entries

Default East Liverpool ghosts and oddities

I'm having real trouble finding stories for East Liverpool for my Book.

Obviously I'll be including Croxteth Hall but, to be honest, information seems to be rather thin on the ground for that one.

I've also got a someone whose giving me a personal account of a suburban haunting in Croxteth but, other than that, I can't find anything.

To my surprise, I haven't come up with any stories for Old Swan, Knotty Ash, Fairfield, Kensington or Low Hill. Does any one have any ideas? Any obvious haunted locations or stories that I'm missing?

Cheers for all you help.

Do you know of the spirits in the Red House, Old Swan?
    www.inacityliving.piczo.com/

Updated weekly with old and new pics.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ged View Post
    Do you know of the spirits in the Red House, Old Swan?
    No, can't say as I've heard of it. It's a pub isn't it? You're not going to tell me they're two for one are you?

Blog Entries

See, I might not have been here that long but I've got the measure of you.

Blog Entries

Anyone had any ideas or thoughts about this yet? I'm quite stuck to be honest.

It was in last weeks Echo that Most haunted are doing a show from St. Georges Hall. It'll be one of these where they set up infra red cameras and temperature change detection equipment and have a studio audience.

Then one or two orbs will eventually float past, Yvette Fielding will scream and they'll all get in a lather over nothing.

Members of my family worked here over many years and i've stayed the night and explored unchartered areas, all unfortunately before I thought of photographing these locations. However, they'll no doubt set the cameras up in only the usual suspect places like one of the whitewashed cells etc but the real scary places are down by the boiler room, the doctors room, which is cold (and down near where they dug the underground loop line in the 70s) and also up in the curved roofspace. Having said that, no-one I know, including 2 of my mates who were caretakers there ever saw anything.

Plenty of weird noises though and traffic on Lime street etc when you're down in the bowels under the grids near the plateau, but nothing you couldn't really expect in a big old building.

Tuebrook house is supposed to be haunted. Also the Old Seaman's Orphanage in Newsham Park. I know the staff there said that there were plenty of sightings/manifestations. Unfortunately it has fell into disrepair in recent years.
    It is Accomplished

John(Zappa)

As Jim Royale would say "Ghosts my A*£e"

Blog Entries

It was in last weeks Echo that Most haunted are doing a show from St. Georges Hall. It'll be one of these where they set up infra red cameras and temperature change detection equipment and have a studio audience.

Then one or two orbs will eventually float past, Yvette Fielding will scream and they'll all get in a lather over nothing.

Members of my family worked here over many years and i've stayed the night and explored unchartered areas, all unfortunately before I thought of photographing these locations. However, they'll no doubt set the cameras up in only the usual suspect places like one of the whitewashed cells etc but the real scary places are down by the boiler room, the doctors room, which is cold (and down near where they dug the underground loop line in the 70s) and also up in the curved roofspace. Having said that, no-one I know, including 2 of my mates who were caretakers there ever saw anything.

Plenty of weird noises though and traffic on Lime street etc when you're down in the bowels under the grids near the plateau, but nothing you couldn't really expect in a big old building.
    I had a fella contact me a while back promising stories of his time at saint George's. It all sounded very interesting but, for some reason, he's not been back in touch despite several emails from me.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mark R View Post
    Tuebrook house is supposed to be haunted. Also the Old Seaman's Orphanage in Newsham Park. I know the staff there said that there were plenty of sightings/manifestations. Unfortunately it has fell into disrepair in recent years.
    Cheers Mark, I can have a dig about at least can't I? (I don't mean literally, obviously...)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by John(Zappa) View Post
    As Jim Royale would say "Ghosts my A*£e"
    Yeah, thanks for that John mate.

John(Zappa)

Quote Originally Posted by researchwriter View Post
    Yeah, thanks for that John mate.
    Yer welcome

Quote Originally Posted by researchwriter View Post
    Cheers Mark, I can have a dig about at least can't I? (I don't mean literally, obviously...)
    Yes, I should imagine so. Good luck.
    It is Accomplished

You've probably tried this already but how about placing a small ad in a local paper, or even seeing if they would like to do a story on it? perhaps see if you can get on local radio. I believe there is a ghost walk called 'shiverpool' maybe the guide would be a good place to start. I've always found that people are happy to talk about there experiences you just have to find them!
    Is there anybody there?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast