Thread: Mediterranean Pub Stanley Road

Default Mediterranean Pub Stanley Road

I wonder if anybody can help me, I am looking for pictures of the pub The Mediterranean on the corner of Lathom Street and Stanley Road. Any help with this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Here it is, listed as 119a Stanley Road and 101 Latham Street, it was known locally as Kitty's. This view from 1908 was when the pub was managed by Michael Brosnan. Listed 1970, this site is now open land. Police report 1892 says 'Permitting drunkenness, dismissed'

Source. Freddy O'Connors. A pub on every corner Vol 3.

Click on pic to enlarged it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	scan0001.jpg 
Views:	395 
Size:	215.5 KB 
ID:	5129  
    www.inacityliving.piczo.com/

Updated weekly with old and new pics.

Default Mediterranean Pub.

Thanks for the info Ged, the picture was for one of my friends at the computer drop in class who has been searching for a while for a picture of his old local. he is well pleased with the photo.

Default Kitty's

my dad used to be a regular in their when he was a kid. He was quite a welknown guitarist there apparently. Not sure if either of you would know him? Jimmy Dunning.

Hiya Roger. Gregs dad on here is a Kirkdale lad, i'll mention your dad's name to my in-laws too who used to keep the locals in business.

Great stuff. My old das family was kirkdale too. I was up with my cousin who has now moved to Crosby hearing some great stories from Kitty's and the mayhem they used to get up to in Kirkdale.

I notice that the image on your account is of the cavern. I remember hearing that he played there as well. His band, The Dusty Road Ramblers, played there supported the beatles once.

Don`t remember Kittys always went in the Lathom at the bottom of Lathom St on sundays for country an western nights,
    The Dusty road ramblers were Hank Walters backing group.
    My favourite pub in the area was Fred Lowes {Union Vaults} at the top of Sandhills Lane,always sure of a good sing song around the piano.
    After moving to Kirkby I always travelled down to to meet my brother in the Hamlet on Kirkdale Rd.This was the norm then, anybody moving to Kirkby, always made their way back to their old neighbourhood pubs for quite a few years.We had some good sing songs going home on the last bus, it was like a "chara"
    THE BEST VITAMIN FOR MAKING FRIENDS ? B.1

My Flickr site: www.flickr.com/photos/exacta2a/

http://flickrhivemind.net/User/exacta2a

My only memories of the Union were stumbling in there one dinner hour from work c1985 and a stripper was on (we diodn't know - honest)

She was full of baby oil and done a forward roll and came up with all fag ends and spent matchsticks stuck to her. Class

Yeah, Hank was a mate of my dads and is still best mates with my uncle Arthur. Small world!