Page 10 of 36 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: Liverpool Cruise Liner Terminal

Blog Entries

19th April 2007

Become A Supporter 👇

Donate Via PayPal

Donate

Blog Entries

THE return of the world’s biggest liners to the Mersey is coming a step closer, as a crucial stage of construction begins at Liverpool’s new cruise liner terminal. more
    Become A Supporter 👇

Donate Via PayPal

Donate

Blog Entries

THE return of the world’s biggest liners to the Mersey is coming a step closer, as a crucial stage of construction begins at Liverpool’s new cruise liner terminal. more
    Become A Supporter 👇

Donate Via PayPal

Donate

Saga Cruise Line have announced that they will be originating at least five cruises from Liverpool this year. The ships to be used are the Saga Rose, which will account for four of the cruises and the other ship, Spirit of Adventure, will conduct the other cruise. Unfortunately neither ship will use the new cruise berth facility but will, instead, depart from the cruise terminal in Langton Dock.

Help find Madeleine

Bet i get stuck before loads of old people taking ages to get anywhere.

Cool

ONE of the world’s biggest holiday operators is to base a luxury cruise liner in Liverpool during the city’s year as European Capital of Culture.

Thomson Cruises is adding the Mersey as a home port during autumn next year, with the 1,300-capacity Celebration offering luxury journeys to ports such as Morocco.

It is the first time the company has used Liverpool as a starting point for its cruises as part of its drive to cater for growing demand from holidaymakers from Merseyside and North West.

Last night, David Selby, head of Thomson Cruises, said: “We delighted to announce that we are expanding our UK programme by adding Liverpool to our range of UK ports in 2008.

“We have a very loyal client base in the North West and not all prefer to fly to their chosen cruise ship.”

It will mean a record 30 cruises, carrying around 50,000 passengers, starting in Liverpool during 2008 to destinations such as the Amazon, Greenland and the Mediterranean.

Thomson is joining Fred Olsen Cruise Lines and cruise operators Page and Moy and Saga who are all stepping up their 2008 programmes from the Mersey.

http://www.liverpooldailypost.co.uk/...4375-19436821/

Great news, this makes us unique to any of our closest rivals.
    www.inacityliving.piczo.com/

Updated weekly with old and new pics.

Quote Originally Posted by Ged View Post
    Great news, this makes us unique to any of our closest rivals.
    Exactly Ged,anyone can have an airport but the river sets us apart.

I see that the Pontoons for the cruise terminal have yet to be floated to Princes Dock. This was reported to be scheduled to happen in June. I didn't notice the Pontoons in Canada Dock when I passed a couple of days ago (mind you, it was full of water at the time).

I thought it was delayed until the end of June. The new landing stage should be towed into position sometime soon.

PhilipG

Default 18 July 2007

Quote Originally Posted by goldenface View Post
    I thought it was delayed until the end of June. The new landing stage should be towed into position sometime soon.
    A Diver contact tells me that the new Pontoons are in a bad state they have been trying to sort them "in water" and have not yet passed the LLoyds Inspection! They are now going to be dry docked and sorted , so god knows when they'll be ready!

Regards

Rob

Gerard

""""
    Last edited by Gerard; 08-14-2007 at 09:44 PM.

I wonder what the cause of the problem is. The worst case scenario would be that the concrete was not vibrated to the bottom of the steelwork...if any steel is showing though the bottom of the concrete, then the pontoons would be uninsurable.

DaisyChains

Quote Originally Posted by marky View Post
    I wonder what the cause of the problem is. The worst case scenario would be that the concrete was not vibrated to the bottom of the steelwork...if any steel is showing though the bottom of the concrete, then the pontoons would be uninsurable.
    sorry to be ignorant but what is a pontoon?

Page 10 of 36 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast