Thread: corner of dickenson street and park lane

Default corner of dickenson street and park lane

Hi not sure if im on right thread but here goes..... Desperate for a pic of that corner cos there used to be a pub there called the old curiosity vaults and i have been told by the woderful people on this site that it was still there in 1968. Just wodering if anyone has a past photo of that spot-95 park lane-or a present one showing what is there now please . thanks
    shirleya

PhilipG

This is how it looks now.
    The pub was on the site of the grass and the house behind.
    None of the original buildings survive in this area, but the cobble stones on Dickenson Street are still there.

I took a pic recently from the grassy area just to the right of Dickenson Street. Taken looking North, it has all the remaining buildings of Park Lane in it...only two. I'll post it later today/tomorrow, when I get it off my memory card.

Default park lane/dickenson street

Thanks a lot mark and philip-youve been amazing-and i am happy to have the present day site if there are no past ones available. Thanks again for all your help. Its a shame they have all gone-ive no idea waht style or kind of pub it was at all-it seems they are pulling all the beautiful old buildings down these days-i ve seen some stunning buildings on this site and i just wish people would want to restore them and find new uses for them. I suppose its all down to cost-but its stilla shame. xx

This is taken at 90 degrees to the pic above, looking down Park Lane.

Default corner of dickenson street/park lane old curio pub

hi mark and philip-thanks youre both brilliant-love both photos-im trying to plan a birthday surprise thing where i get as much onfo on the pub, and family as i can. doing okay with the family cos i got some stuff on jimmy bray who was a welter weight boxer in the 40's but am still on with getting the pub info. think i will need to come to liverpool and visit the archives and maybe view some microfilm of newspapers at the time to get my bombing info. And with all the exciting stuff thats happening in liverpool what better time to come in 2008!!!! thanks to you all on this amazing site. im not from liverpool but i feel connected somehow. Lately everything i come across seems to have a liverpool connection-its strange in fact. !!!! Must be a reason but as yet i dont know why????