Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 LastLast

Thread: Are the Irish getting remembered?

Quote Originally Posted by kevin View Post
    Is the call for an Irish festival in any way predicated on our perceptions of what such a festival would entail? Music, dancing and drinking? (before anyone jumps on me I'm referring to general perceptions rather than reality).
    Essentially, Irish festivals are equated with having a good time.

What does a Welsh festival involve? My perception is that it would be far more serious in nature and therefore less populist than an Irish festival. Not trying to offend the Welsh out there - I just have no knowledge of what a Welsh festival consists of.

I don't want to generalise on behalf of all others on this thread, but surely the general perception of an Irish festival is more positive, from a fun sense, than a Welsh festival?

If you had to the vote, I'm betting most would stump for the festival they'd most enjoy than the one with the strongest links to scouse heritage.

I'll get me coat....

And me tin hat...

Caribbean people win hands down for having a good time. they can beat the lot

Gnomie

Quote Originally Posted by lindylou View Post
    They do put on a good show Lindy

Wink Hmmm!

Name six Welsh beverages!

Gnomie

Quote Originally Posted by Waterways View Post
    If the city gets involved in one then it has to get involved in them all.
    Did i hear a mouse squeak?

re being born in Walton:

being born within the sounds of the historic Walton church bells makes you are true Scouser ;

I like saying it, and I always say it - I made it up

well, Walton is named in the Doomsday book isn't it ?? I'm too lazy to go look up the facts, but I'm sure it was a ye olde township of Walton on the Hill before Liverpool was thought of.
    Yes Walton was a township as was Bootle - so not officially Liverpool - a village.

Therefore, a true scouser is like me - born within the sight and sounds of the chimes from the Royal liver Buildings

Only kidding of course, don't wanna start another war.
    www.inacityliving.piczo.com/

Updated weekly with old and new pics.

Gnomie

Well i am proud of my Irish ancestry

I am proud that they came to Liverpool and settled here.

I am proud of my Irish relatives who live here and in Ireland now.

I am proud of my cities culture, and i hope that all groups are all remembered in capital of culture. I cheer for an Irish recognition as they are my main history, so of course i would long to see something for them. Scotland road is the ideal setting as so many lived there. I hope others cheer for their own heritage, it is after all what makes us who we are.

I would also like to challenge anyone ( meaning the invisible water way man ) to point out where on this thread i said the Irish are bigger than any other group? its impossible as i never said it, but it keeps coming back in post. I said that a huge percentage of this city has Irish blood in them. not everyone. Am i wrong in saying that.

Now i am getting pm`s from admin trying to calm this all down. I respect them for what they are doing, but why should i back down. I never said anything wrong, if i did show me. Unlike a little EEJIT on this thread ( wonder who that is? ) who seems hell bent on attacking the Irish at every opportunity. that in my book is racismn, i dont like racist, and nothing will ever make me meet them half way.

If people think im wrong, then so be it. I can go, but if im staying then i stand by all that i say. that bloke is racist through and through, and i dont back down to pigs like that.

Im done, no more from me. let him have his wonderful comments then do what you like with this thread.

Steven

Tony,,, Feller,,
    We come out of the same stable, you and me. Bred awayfrom home as 'the fighting Irish.'

Points have been made and now it's time to move on. Go with what admin says 'Our Kid.' I have advised my friends and relatives, both in Ireland and elsewhere to do the same.

Default re Irish remembered.

30-01-08.

I will be putting leeks in the scouse tonight, along with,some Haggis, and salami, that way you get a bit of every thing.

Slainte:
    Trust and you will be trusted, said the Liar to the Fool.

I think I'm outta' steam on this one too.

Let's all shush now !

... hey, it's a good job we are not in a pub having a meet up !! we'd be thrown out !!

Steven

Quote Originally Posted by scousejoan View Post
    30-01-08.

I will be putting leeks in the scouse tonight, along with,some Haggis, and salami, that way you get a bit of every thing.

Slainte:
    I know you from somewhere else but can I welcome you to have a leek in Real Liverpool Soup ?

Blog Entries

One of the ships I was on had a West Indian crew and the carpenter made steel drums to earn his living while at home. He made a few on board from old oil drums and taught a few of the crew a few basic tunes.

The ship was the Benefactor (Harrison Line) and the band became the 'Beni Allstars. Boy did we have some parties with them providing the music.

At Christmas (might have been New Year - long time ago!) we were in La Guaira, port for Caracas, Venezuela, and had a great time. Lots of movement between ships and our steel band marching up and down the quay with us in tow. Constantly invited onto other ships and fed copious amounts of alcohol.

Happy days.

or should that be Happy Daze?

chippie

don,t put any haggis in my scouse, but as the quarum says, let,s move on.

I do want to say the last word thou.................last word.

I,ve got two ww11 tin hats here and me and the stuffed dog have got ours on, ha ha

Default are the Irish getting remembered.

Quote Originally Posted by Steven View Post
    I know you from somewhere else but can I welcome you to have a leek in Real Liverpool Soup ?
    Only from from this site, I post some times, if I can relate to what is being posted.

P S, I use S H forum mainly.Liverpool soup ??.
    Trust and you will be trusted, said the Liar to the Fool.

Steven

Quote Originally Posted by scousejoan View Post
    Only from from this site, I post some times, if I can relate to what is being posted.

P S, I use S H forum mainly.Liverpool soup ??.
    That's where I remember you from. You are the lady from Bootle ?

I think that we should have a party to celebrate how long this thread has lasted.

You know us. Any excuse for a celebration.

Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 LastLast