Page 20 of 22 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 LastLast

Thread: Edge Lane Development

Quote Originally Posted by christy View Post
    Does anyone have any links to images or plans for the north view/west derby street/hall lane by pass section. Or any info on what is meant to be happening development/landscape wise?
    Searched the thread and edge lane development site but cant find anything of any detail.
    thanks in advance.

Source: www.bigdig.liverpool.gov.uk/news/archive/New_city_hospital.asp

Source: icliverpool.icnetwork.co.uk/0100news/0100regionalnews/tm_headline=revealed-proposed-site-for-new-royal-liverpool-hospital&method=full&objectid=20013530&siteid=5006 1-name_page.html

Thanks for taking the time to do that mate, really appreciate it. Thinking more actually on North view side - land facing Paddy comp. Think its a car alarm place and the land at the side facing onto the green. Are they going to take any of the green away to widen the road to make it 2 ways?

My 'alternative' website for BEVEL is still at this address if you ain't had a nose yet - http://www.edge-lane.com/

[QUOTE=Cadfael;99486]
    How are they going to get past the biggest hurdle on Edge Lane which is the Church on the corner of Edge Lane/Durning Road?
    That's been closed for months with structural problems. Perhaps they're waiting until it becomes so unsafe that it has to be demolished... (j/k)

Dave.

Quote Originally Posted by christy View Post
    Thanks for taking the time to do that mate, really appreciate it. Thinking more actually on North view side - land facing Paddy comp. Think its a car alarm place and the land at the side facing onto the green. Are they going to take any of the green away to widen the road to make it 2 ways?
    On the original plans,yes,a small part of the southern edge was to go. Whether that's changed under the current plans,I don't know.

Dave.

Default Any chance to contact Miss Victoria Pritchard?

I kept searching and found all this about Edge Lane where she used to live time ago.

Is it anyone able to help me to contact her?

I posted a similar question in other part of this site but no reply yet.

Any PM would be replied and, sure, appreciated. Her address was 221, Edge Lane.

Gracias.

Agustín Ferrari

The new look Edge Lane (Bevel) is now up and running and can be found at:

BEVEL

My thanks go to Scouse Times for the fantastic video!!!!

Also - just created a facebook group 'Save Edge Lane's Victorian Buildings' !
    Last edited by Cadfael; 09-29-2008 at 09:38 PM.

Cannot believe that a CPO is now in order to demolish all of the houses on Edge Lane.

What a joke. We have 6 weeks to consider an appeal. There are three points regarding this - a, the houses that will be CPO'd are being purchased for a pittance, and then when the new building is put up, they are selling ONE flat for the same money as purchased (currently up to 4 flats on the same plot). You don't have to realise that someone is getting lots of money for this.

B - No matter if the area is demolished, the church will not be touched and that is the biggest problem for the road. So all new housing really won't make the junction any better.

C - The church report (look for the church report on the above website) is nearly falling down and money has been put by to try and save this - but the council don't want to know.

Can you imagine coming down Edge Lane next year, no St John's spire and no Victorian houses - why not just take out St George's Hall and be done with our heritage?

Anyone know if the TA barracks is going to be demolished.

Blog Entries

THE LONG awaited regeneration and widening of Liverpool?s Edge Lane has been given the go ahead, after the government confirmed a compulsory purchase order to force homeowners to sell up. Read
    Become A Supporter 👇

Donate Via PayPal

Donate

Are the house in fairfield going the same way? the ones that back onto Newsham park, opposite the Police club.

Its a shame to see them in this state.

What will replace all this and edge lane?? we already have lego land ruining the fantastic three graces, now it looks like Toy town will be built here

Our heritage is being ripped apart in front of our eyes, soon we wont recognise anything. And dont get me started on the disrepect shown to Noel Chavasse, they should put his name back and another statue should take pride of place amongst the shopping horror show.
    BE NICE......................OR ELSE

I think this plan is disgraceful. The houses a beautiful - and have been left to ruin. Then there's a row of 1930s houses - with just one resident left living there. I come down Edge Lane every night from work and I dispair of the plans for these houses.

I wish the City Council had learned from knocking down so many of our buildings in the past - but they haven't.

We do not need any more roads IMO. Yes Edge Lane is busy at Peak time and that part by the Barracks is quite poor - but compared to some roads in Liverpool it's not too bad.

I say renovate the houses - do not destroy these fine buildings.

Quote Originally Posted by Spike View Post
    Are the house in fairfield going the same way? the ones that back onto Newsham park, opposite the Police club.

Its a shame to see them in this state.

What will replace all this and edge lane?? we already have lego land ruining the fantastic three graces, now it looks like Toy town will be built here

Our heritage is being ripped apart in front of our eyes, soon we wont recognise anything. And dont get me started on the disrepect shown to Noel Chavasse, they should put his name back and another statue should take pride of place amongst the shopping horror show.
    It's just a bloody crime. The church on the corner cannot be demolished so we are still going to have to have the church 'disrupting' the traffic flow - new buildings or not.

I really hope that when these fine victorian buildings are demolished, no one wants to buy one of those new sheds, with just enough room to swing a cat when they could have moved in to a fine 6/7 bedroom victorian house.

Still, as long as certain people are getting their back pocket's lined with cash....

Edge Lane residents: We?ll fight on for our homes
    Oct 1 2008
    by Marc Waddington, Liverpool Echo

CAMPAIGNERS today pledged to take their battle to save Edge Lane?s Victorian houses to court.

They refused to give up their four-year fight against plans to bulldoze boarded-up homes and widen the busy road, despite being dealt a massive blow by the government yesterday.

Ministers approved a compulsory purchase order, which will let Liverpool council buy out the last few householders living in the demolition zone, following a public inquiry last year.

But campaigners hope they can still overturn the CPO at the high court after successfully managing the same feat in 2006.

They now have six weeks to lodge a challenge to the new order.

Elizabeth Pascoe, of Adderley Street, Kensington, said a fresh challenge would be mounted.

She said: ?I thought we had a better-than-even chance with all the experts who came forward.

?But in a way, it may be just as well it goes to the high court, because we will get a definitive decision there.

?As far as we are concerned, this scheme has destroyed our community.

?I am obliged to fight, because otherwise all this time and effort will have been pointless.?

But the government?s decision was today welcomed by political leaders, who want to remove the traffic bottleneck at Edge Lane?s west end and replace the boarded-up houses.

The ?350m project will see 550 new homes built, around 2,000 jobs created and major works to improve the three-mile route from the M62 into the city centre.

Eliot Ward-Smith, Merseyside area director for project leader English Partnerships, said: ?We are pleased a decision has been made, helping us to respond to the community?s wishes for a comprehensive approach to transform the area.?

Timeline

January 2005 - CPO process started by English Partnerships.

October 2005 - First public inquiry starts.

December 2005 - Inquiry inspector recommends CPO.

February 2006 - Government confirms CPO.

March 2006 - Challenge lodged at high court by Elizabeth Pascoe.

November 2006 - CPO quashed. English Partnerships vow to pursue second CPO.

July 2007 - Second CPO made by English Partnerships.

January 2008 - Second public inquiry starts.

September 2008 - Secretary of State confirms second CPO.

Source: Liverpool Echo

Default 2000 jobs, where where?

anyone ever explained where the 200 jobs are going to be and how the bottle enck is going to be easedby knocking down Royston and all the other streets, oh hang on jsut seen a flying pig going by, it all makes sense now. oink oink, one good thing those crap murals be go.....

Page 20 of 22 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 LastLast