YO! Liverpool
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Dino's Wood Street

Thanks

Default Dino's Wood Street

24-01-08.
    Hi Jimmin, I remember Dino's it was opposite the Swan pub, more or less. I am going back now to 1963/1964. I am 58 yrs old now.Behind the metal doors, you went down the stairs, at the bottom on your left was a counter, on your right was the Jukebox, the music I recall was "Twinkle" singing "Terry", "The rolling Stones" with All over now, and You Better Move on.There were two girls who always sat on the stairs one used to call her self Norton, used very heavy black eye make up, out in the street it looked like T T week in the Isle of Man
    there were so many bikes, it was fantastic.Doe's any one remember an Aurthur Scarisbrick or scazzer, he had a bad accident with a corpy bus, a back end loader whilst on his way to work one morning, he survived, how about Chinese Dave' he worked for Llewllyns in St John's Lane, so a bike was always available to him,he always arrived at Dino's with a lovely Chinese girl wearing a Susi Wong dress on the back.or there was Billy Drysdale I think?, or billy two mirrors, he had a black Thunder Bird 500cc, and my fella had an ex police speed twin600cc I think, maroon in colour he said it went like **** off a shovel, and billy two mirrors said the same about his Thunder Bird but his was faster, I could go on about the bet they made one night, on a race from liverpool to New Brighton, through town, through the Tunnel, theres no over taking in the Tunnel is there, wish some one had reminded them on the night.

ADVERTISING

Trust and you will be trusted, said the Liar to the Fool.

Thanks

Very descriptive Joan, I can almost smell the oil! Would love to know more about this place - any photo's?

Thanks

Default Dino'sWood Street.

Quote Originally Posted by Motorhemp View Post
    Very descriptive Joan, I can almost smell the oil! Would love to know more about this place - any photo's?
    Hi Motorhemp, I don't have one single pic from those days it never entered my mind, sorry now though.I missed the night Granada reports were there, and that still pisses me off .
    Last edited by scousejoan; 01-25-2008 at 12:11 PM. Reason: Adding
    Trust and you will be trusted, said the Liar to the Fool.

Thanks

Default I dont think we were ever in there...

Tho. yeah I know of it, there was the beginnings of small but hard drug culture there. We were never into that cra p so stayed away. Could find enough trouble without that. One we did frequent was the all night doffee shop, at the bus terminous at thr Vicki monument. sorry, no pics, but some varied ones at scousebadlads.

Thanks

Good to see you Bobbymac, how are you doing?
    You can always count on Americans to do the right thing - after they've tried everything else.
    Winston Churchill

Thanks

Ta for the welcome ST. [I]'m in hossy right now but will survive this too. Hi, to the rest of youz

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast