Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Has anybody noticed this???

Default Has anybody noticed this???

In - and adjacent to - Newington, Lpool CC.

It could have been there a while. It's quite a while since I've been up there.

Do you worry about global climate change?

Last edited by Ross08; 01-23-2008 at 10:11 PM.

thats what i call grafitti

Wow ! no, I havn't seen it.

It's part of the Liverpool Biennial 2008, called Visible Virals. I thought I saw something in Berry Street (next-door to Kingham House). That Newington one must have appeared recently, as I took a couple of pics around there on the 12th, and didn't notice anything.

I guess this is it. It would be ungracious of course to ask about the Biennial's own carbon footprint.

Urban Spaces

For their project titled One Year in Liverpool, Stockholm artists collective AAPE are investigating the concept of ‘the average Liverpudlian’ through their life, behaviour and consumer habits. The project takes its basis from statistics, gradually feeding unusual facts into the public realm over the year and inviting people in the city to provide information about themselves. The project will manifest itself in a series of installations that will spread through unexpected locations in the city centre to reveal the bigger picture. AAPE are Amber Morrison, Alexander Kurtlandsky, Peter Genberg and Eric Ericsson.

The Urban Space Virals project launches in city centre locations in January 2008.

biennial

I like it if it is warm. And for the agriculture it is quite good too.

I've seen six of these messages. Others are at:
    Slater Street car-park
    Duke Street
    Tunnage Square

Quote Originally Posted by Atany View Post
    I like it if it is warm. And for the agriculture it is quite good too.
    LOL, i wanna live a bit nearer to the sea too, dunno if warmer temps are good for all agriculture, i'm still not convinced that it is not just a natural process, lets be honest how did the ice age come to an end, was primitive man usimng too much right guard and not disposing of his fridges correctly

DaisyChains

I saw one somewhere the other day saying
    ';Do you feel lonely?'

Can't for the life of me remember where though¬!

'do you feel lonely' is the message in Berry Street.

Just make sure you're not on your own when you read it.
    www.inacityliving.piczo.com/

Updated weekly with old and new pics.

Quote Originally Posted by marky View Post
    'do you feel lonely' is the message in Berry Street.

Quote Originally Posted by Ged View Post
    Just make sure you're not on your own when you read it.

Ah, look at all the lonely people. . .

Funny how a song pops into one's head at various times.

Chris
    Christopher T. George
    Editor, Ripperologist
    Editor, Loch Raven Review
    http://christophertgeorge.blogspot.com/
    Chris on Flickr and on MySpace

Quote Originally Posted by shoney View Post
    LOL, i wanna live a bit nearer to the sea too, dunno if warmer temps are good for all agriculture, i'm still not convinced that it is not just a natural process, lets be honest how did the ice age come to an end, was primitive man usimng too much right guard and not disposing of his fridges correctly
    For sure, warmer temps are good for the plants. And a higher CO2-concentration too. Plants like that.

And the climate is something what changed very often and fast. There were even times on this earth, when the temperatures were higher than now.
    And if the glaciers would grow and the temperatures were falling, the media would also spread some panic. Means, whatever happens, there is always any reason to talk about the weather.

Quote Originally Posted by Atany View Post
    For sure, warmer temps are good for the plants. And a higher CO2-concentration too. Plants like that.

And the climate is something what changed very often and fast. There were even times on this earth, when the temperatures were higher than now.
    And if the glaciers would grow and the temperatures were falling, the media would also spread some panic. Means, whatever happens, there is always any reason to talk about the weather.
    not all plants like higher temperatures, i was talking to a bloke today who reckoned the planet was screwed and it was all leading to no good, i reckon the planet is fine, it's us who live on the planet who are screwed, the planet will be around for a long time we are the ones who can't cope.

Yes. And the media and the scientist need any topic to talk about. If any scientist doesn't write something what seems to be very important, it could happen, they will destroy his job and his research funds. The same with the papers. And you're right. Maybe the humans will die, but not the whole plants and animals. Unless the sun wants to explode.

There became also published a book about such things. Maybe I'll buy it. I'm not sure, because it costs 24 Euro. But alone the titel is so good, that I think it is worth that money. It's "Scared to Death - From BSE to Global Warming: Why Scares are Costing us the Earth". Well, at last it is probably enough to read the brief description of the book:

"In each case, the book shows: how and why the scare originated, on the basis of misunderstood or distorted scientific data; how it then developed, according to the pattern, with scientists and the media wildly exaggerating the dangers to public health; how the political machine was then cranked up to produce a wholly misconceived regulatory response; how the flaws in the science were eventually exposed; and the astronomic resulting costs."
    Last edited by Atany; 01-31-2008 at 08:19 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast