Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Ringo Starr should be ashamed

I am just downloading it, I will comment tomorrow. I have never seen Johnathon Ross so I will comment on him too.

You can always count on Americans to do the right thing - after they've tried everything else.
    Winston Churchill

Even if it was said in jest, it sends the wrong message out. Let's be honest about it, Ringo only came here to promote his new album. I've got nothing against him saying what he said but it is totally hypocritical. As for the Mancs having a go - Morrissey doesn't exactly live in Manchester now, does he?

Didn't John Lennon once say that if he could have been born anywhere, it would have been New York?
    It is Accomplished

wish id watched it now-but i suppose he was just being honest-was he really that bad-if he did not have anyhting positive to say thats a shame-maybe it will be repeated then i can judge for myself because i will feel a bit let down and i dont come from liverpool but i do think you should be proud of where you come from .

John(Zappa)

.So what he wouldn't move back,neither would I if I had his money.
    Anyone seen him without them sunglasses on?:

Steven

Quote Originally Posted by John(Zappa) View Post
    .So what he wouldn't move back,neither would I if I had his money.
    Anyone seen him without them sunglasses on?:
    You past his old house on the way down to mine. I've met him many times and seen him without his sunglasses. Maybe he is just wearing them since he came back to Liverpool to hide his *black eyes.*

Only kidding, > I quite admire him. He's getting on in years and still rockin'.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark R View Post
    Even if it was said in jest, it sends the wrong message out. Let's be honest about it, Ringo only came here to promote his new album. I've got nothing against him saying what he said but it is totally hypocritical. As for the Mancs having a go - Morrissey doesn't exactly live in Manchester now, does he?

Didn't John Lennon once say that if he could have been born anywhere, it would have been New York?
    Just read through these, and though I can understand some peoples negative reaction, I really think they are being unrealistic about Ringo,s role in 08! I mean for one thing, if he's only here to publicise his new album,surely he'd have the nouse to b******t endlessly about what a fab place Liverpool is,etc, and if he did, what would be the reaction to that???????? It's a catch 22 for him, and others to come(Beryl Bainbridge helping things along,Ithink!)Another point would be, who, given fame and fortune, would make a point of staying in thier birthplace because they felt they had to? Of course some would/do, but not many,(that i've ever heard of,anyway!)Also, while i'm at it,do we ever hear of other famous people being critiscised by their home towns/cities, or is this particularly peculiar to Liverpool?(I mean the Beatles weren't the first,or the last, I think

Well Mark you can say he only came here to promote his album, though I would say that titling the album Liverpool 08 is a great tribute to Liverpool in this special year as well as the part of Liverpool where he grew up. So was it exploitation or giving the city some extra exposure round the world. He could have just sat on his backside in California and lived off his riches. He didn't have to come back to Liverpool to perform, and to be alternately praised and knocked for what he has done or said. That's my opinion.

Chris
    Christopher T. George
    Editor, Ripperologist
    Editor, Loch Raven Review
    http://christophertgeorge.blogspot.com/
    Chris on Flickr and on MySpace

I just watched the show. Johnathon Ross I wouldn't want to watch again but I enjoyed all the guests. I didn't interpret anything Ringo said as insulting. I can understand why he lives alternately in the USA and Monaco, nice lifestyle. I have been in the USA since 1982 and have been back many times, I wouldn't go back to live there either. Not just Liverpool but anywhere in the UK. Some said he has an American drawl, he seemed no different to any time I've seen him before. Why gripe about stars living abroad, Spain,Portugal and Cyprus all have lots of Brits living there, just ordinary people who have done well for themselves
    nobody complains about them.
    You can always count on Americans to do the right thing - after they've tried everything else.
    Winston Churchill

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisGeorge View Post
    Well Mark you can say he only came here to promote his album, though I would say that titling the album Liverpool 08 is a great tribute to Liverpool in this special year as well as the part of Liverpool where he grew up. So was it exploitation or giving the city some extra exposure round the world. He could have just sat on his backside in California and lived off his riches. He didn't have to come back to Liverpool to perform, and to be alternately praised and knocked for what he has done or said. That's my opinion.

Chris
    Hi Chris

I'm just going by what he said on the Ross programme. When asked about what he missed about Liverpool, Ringo replied with "nothing."
    I'm not criticising him for moving away but it does smack of hypocrisy. He obviously felt the need to play here.
    It is Accomplished

Exclamation ringos a joke!!

ringos a t*t i seen him on jonathan ross aswell hes a b**end n he sed on the weekend he wanted to move bak n then sed on jonathan ross he jus sed da cos he ws excited he misses nttn bout lpool we shud b ashamed too call im a scouser hes a joke to liverpool n am ashamed da hes from here hes f*kin ****e neway worst beatle n worst scouser ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by Kev; 01-20-2008 at 08:43 AM.

I can be just as sarcastic as Ringo
    in fact
    im "this close" to wanting him to ever come back to Liverpool again.

Quote Originally Posted by shytalk View Post
    I am just downloading it, I will comment tomorrow. I have never seen Johnathon Ross so I will comment on him too.
    You won't get much idea by just seeing one show, but Ross get's right on my nerves. He's been quite high profile on telly for a long time but he's a rubbish interviewer. he never asks any sensible questions or has any sensible conversation. All he ever does is crack smutty school boy jokes and he would be much more suited to a sixthformer locker room.
    I've said this before about him, he just reminds me of a big soft lad.

If anyone is starring on his show don't expect any decent conversation - he doesn't ask anything worth listening to - he never asks any in depth or sensible questions - so the viewer doesn't learn anything. All he can do is crack daft comments and dirty jokes.

I noticed a long time ago that Ross is a bit pervy It's like he's obsessed with smut.

to be honest i don't think anyone cares that he doesn't want to live in liverpool it is just the way that he answered the question, he could of just said something like"i wouldn't move back to liverpool as i have a great life elsewere alought i would always consider liverpool as my home" instead of "is there any thing that you miss about liverpool"
    smug laugh
    "er no"
    as i said most people couldn't care less if he lived here, i would be gone if i had his money.
    Last edited by huytonhead; 01-20-2008 at 10:33 AM.

Hi Chris

I'm just going by what he said on the Ross programme. When asked about what he missed about Liverpool, Ringo replied with "nothing."
    I'm not criticising him for moving away but it does smack of hypocrisy. He obviously felt the need to play here.
    Hi Mark

Okay, I will agree that it was the wrong thing to say and that he should have thought about it before he said it. I do think though that Scousers are being overly sensitive about it. The answer is though candid and frank since he doesn't live in Liverpool any more. Also it is the type of often flip answers that the Beatles always gave in their heyday. But again I agree that once he was out of Liverpool and down in London it was the wrong answer.

Chris
    Christopher T. George
    Editor, Ripperologist
    Editor, Loch Raven Review
    http://christophertgeorge.blogspot.com/
    Chris on Flickr and on MySpace

Quote Originally Posted by lindylou View Post
    You won't get much idea by just seeing one show, but Ross get's right on my nerves. He's been quite high profile on telly for a long time but he's a rubbish interviewer. he never asks any sensible questions or has any sensible conversation. All he ever does is crack smutty school boy jokes and he would be much more suited to a sixthformer locker room.
    I've said this before about him, he just reminds me of a big soft lad.

If anyone is starring on his show don't expect any decent conversation - he doesn't ask anything worth listening to - he never asks any in depth or sensible questions - so the viewer doesn't learn anything. All he can do is crack daft comments and dirty jokes.

I noticed a long time ago that Ross is a bit pervy It's like he's obsessed with smut.
    Totally agree with you lindylou. I don't think much of him as an interviewer. Every time he has someone on he has to lower the tone with some sordid sexual remark. I'm not a prude (far from it) but he just has to say something sexual on every show. I also remember him being quite offensive to both David Schwimmer and Natalie Imbruglia. I don't watch him anymore - I just happened to catch the Ringo interview because my friend was watching it.
    It is Accomplished

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast