Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast

Thread: Ringo Starr should be ashamed

The worst kind of human leech are always the millionaire ones. They suck and they keep on sucking. What a t w a t.

Don't blame Ringo. he only asked for 30.000, Blame the idiots in charge of the celebrations, they couldn't run a booze up in a brewery.
    You can always count on Americans to do the right thing - after they've tried everything else.
    Winston Churchill

DaisyChains

Quote Originally Posted by shytalk View Post
    Don't blame Ringo. he only asked for 30.000, Blame the idiots in charge of the celebrations, they couldn't run a booze up in a brewery.
    Here here!

Well said Shytalk.

They'd certainly do Chris Tarrant out of a job on who wants to be a millionaire.

'Here's £30,000 - but we don't wanna give you that................'
    www.inacityliving.piczo.com/

Updated weekly with old and new pics.

I would be worth 90 grand for my awesome display of powa, plus I would tell leeches like Gringo has to get lost or feel my powa!
    Gididi Gididi Goo.

exactly !

Is this info available from another source other than an anti-council blog?

Default [removed]

Quote Originally Posted by huytonhead View Post
    Just seen this arrogant ***** on Johnaton Ross with not a good word to say about this city, if this is the case why did the knob come to the opening, i'll tell you why cause he was the least liked beatle and no one realy cares less about him, and to boot his performance was ****e and his new songs. He should not be welcomed to take any further part in this celebration with his fake yankee accent.
    i don't normally respond to the obviously challenged on line, [Removed], i felt obligated to point out you deficiencies. what ignorant drivel you spew. i dare say there is not enough momentous occassions in you sorry little life that could equal in measure one day of his. but yes, shame on him for not taking into consideration your petty second year education sensibilities.
    Last edited by Kev; 03-21-2008 at 09:35 AM.

Is there any evidence that Ringo was given 90k exses other than the Liverpool Sub Culture blog, which is just a New Labour (Weapons of Mass Destruction?) Party organ, There is no way to contact this site and it just spouts any old rubbish that makes the Council and anyone that does not conform to their warped views look bad.
    They hide behind the blog because they are too sacred of being sued for the tripe they publish and we should name and shame them.
    Does any one know who runs the site?

Ringo Starr's Culture opening cost Liverpool £50,000
    Apr 15 2008

RINGO STARR’S appearance at Liverpool’s Capital of Culture opening weekend cost the city more than £50,000, the Daily Post can reveal.

Although he charged no fee for the event, the former Beatle and his entourage, which included Dave Stewart, racked up costs of £53,655 getting to the city and staying in the exclusive Hope Street Hotel.

Starr used the high-profile start to Liverpool’s showcase year to promote his new single Liverpool 8, which eventually charted at 99.

He played from the top of St George’s Hall, and a day later also appeared at the Liverpool Echo Arena for the opening concert in a well-received homecoming.

But within days the drummer had angered Liverpudlians with an interview with the BBC’s Jonathan Ross when he was asked if there was anything he missed about the city and said “no”.

Last week, his life-size topiary figure at Liverpool South Parkway station was vandalised only weeks after being unveiled. All the other Beatles were left untouched, prompting speculation his head may have been chopped off in revenge for his TV comments.

Liverpool Culture Company initially refused to say how much it had cost to get Starr to appear at the opening weekend, citing commercial confidentiality.

But the expenses were released following a Freedom of Information request from the Daily Post.

Vice-chairman of the Culture Company Phil Redmond last night said: “For events like this you can use C-listers, B-listers, or A-listers, and then there are one-offs which the likes of Ringo Starr and Paul McCartney are.

“In terms of the opening weekend, it was mainly down to Ringo’s appearance which generated unprecedented national and international media coverage which the city is benefiting from today.”

According to information supplied under the Freedom of Information Act, there was no formal contract between Starr’s record label EMI, and the Culture Company.

“No formal contracts were exchanged as no fee elements were involved in the agreement,” said the council. Liverpool City Council agreed to cover the costs of travel and accommodation and catering while in Liverpool.”

The £29,550 for flights included two first-class tickets from the US.

Starr and his entourage used a total of 48 nights at the Hope Street Hotel in across 14 rooms, costing £8,980. And while in the city Starr had his own personal car and there were four others for use by members of his crew. Ground transportation cost a total of £13,375. Hospitality and catering cost £1,750, bringing Starr’s expenses to £53,655.

The council said that “all incidentals at Hope Street Hotel including bar bills, phone calls, etc, were picked up by the individuals concerned”.

Source: Liverpool Daily Post

Doesn't matter if was £90k or £50k or £1. For that multimillionaire to be on the make while promoting that awful single (which bombed anyway ?) is disgusting. It makes me sick that the richest people in society are all living for free while their fortunes continue to grow and grow. And as for the Beatles legacy, RS was always considered a liability and given half the chance never fails to show it.

AP.

Liability? Please explain?
    www.inacityliving.piczo.com/

Updated weekly with old and new pics.

What EXACTLY did Ringo say that has upset so many here? Does anyone know of a transcript I can read? If you were him, and been living on the west coast of the USA, you need to understand that Liverpool is a shock, I mean a real shock.

The agressive attitudes, poor service and quality in restaurants and pubs, is bad for the most part, the taxis are now all driven by people who speak little English and rely on GPS for God's sake! Most men dress in the now regulation trainers, "tracky bottoms" or this new "hoodie" stuff, and overall the impression one gets is of a city that has lost its indviduality and become a slave to reatilers.

Even if you just lived in the US (as I have) the shock factor is big, let alone being a millionaire like him, so you need to understand what he was saying. He may have been undiplomatic, I need to read the transcript to decide myself, bet lets not pretend there are no problems, sometimes a bad word or two form someone with status can do good, but I dont know if this was his motive.

I agree with Barratie, he was just telling the truth. He actually lives in Monaco but has homes in California and Barbados, with those choices I would have said exactly the same. It sounded bad because the audience laughed when he was asked the question.
    I have lived in the USA for 26 years and there is no way I would reside anywhere in the UK any more. It is not just Liverpool that has gone bad, the whole country seems to be terrorised by feral teenagers. There are parts of this country under gang control it seems that the UK only imports what is bad from the USA. That includes American food franchises.
    You can always count on Americans to do the right thing - after they've tried everything else.
    Winston Churchill

I agree with Barratie, he was just telling the truth. He actually lives in Monaco but has homes in California and Barbados, with those choices I would have said exactly the same. It sounded bad because the audience laughed when he was asked the question.
    I have lived in the USA for 26 years and there is no way I would reside anywhere in the UK any more. It is not just Liverpool that has gone bad, the whole country seems to be terrorised by feral teenagers. There are parts of this country under gang control it seems that the UK only imports what is bad from the USA. That includes American food franchises.
    and questionable US TV shows, of which there are far too many examples.

My wife is from Baltimore and we are both living in Birmingham just now, she is very impressed with Birmingham, but also really likes Liverpool, she is a chatter box herself so loves scousers.

She points out that in the US there is NOTHING like the NHS, paying like 6 quid for WHATEVER is prescribed is a sheer joy to her, in the US she will often end up paying hundreds even with good insurance.

She walks to work along a nice canal too something not easy to do in the US (driving is almost a must).

Overall of course the US wins hands down (in my view) and that is why Lennon went to live in NY, which must have been a great time for him, especially living in the Dakota apartment.

As I walk around the UK (be it Birmingham, London or Liverpool) I am always very aware of the ridiculous bravado displayed by younger men as they simply stroll along. The staring, the hard-man attitude, the lippy comebacks, all are very tiring and so narrow, do they even know how they look?

Liverool always had a rough edge, but I have truly fond memories of being a kid in Hartington Road L8. Our old beat up victorian house was drafty as hell, but a joy at xmas with big coal fire raging.

I was a frequent visitor to Lodge Lane library, and recall walking past an Ice Cream factory partway along Bosweel Street (pics anyone?), the summers were spent in and around sefton park, collecting birds egs and just enjoying the place.

Lodge Lane and Smithdown Road were literally full of diverse stores, I distinctly recall (1970s)

A bakery
    A "chandlers"
    A coin shop
    "The Airfix Shop"
    The "Green Shield Stamp fella"
    A Telly/Radio repair shop.
    Butchers
    Car repairs/garage
    Chines and Irish chippies
    An "upscale" electrics shop, new TVs, etc
    A shop that dealt in model trains (that's all it dealt in, for years)
    The old "Chloros" bleach factory
    The gravestone engravers (actually still in business it seems)

and many more.

The Liverpool of my youth (and the Beatles's youth even more so) was a diverse, multi-facted, place that embraced individuality, color and variety.

Now most young people are completely indoctrinated into the comsumer society, able to view themselves only as either playing the consumer game or dropping out, which these days means crime.

Their views are are heavily influenced by TV and the repetitive ads, "reality shows" and other superficial junk that we see what we see today.

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast