Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Ringo Starr should be ashamed

sorry steven i didn't know that you had to live in the city centre to talk about yellow submarines. i will have to get rid of everything to do with the beatles or liverpool that i own as i don't live in da dingle

Quote Originally Posted by huytonhead View Post
    sorry steven i didn't know that you had to live in the city centre to talk about yellow submarines. i will have to get rid of everything to do with the beatles or liverpool that i own as i don't live in da dingle
    Wow upset in Huyton!

I think he was just referring to this mate?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/liverpool/conte...rine_360.shtml

PhilipG

no you are absolutly correct but i did not start this thread to **** the beatles as i think they were amazing (well three of them). My gripe is the way that ringo did not go out his way to give liverpool any good publicity when he is part and a quite major part at that of the celebrations. Still i am sure he will make some good money out of this city which he is happy to moch infront of millions of people on tv. But what i am forgetting of coarse is that is not his fault it is all Johnathan Ross's fault. Actually what am i moaning about Liverpool is ****e, and if i could i would leave asap so if there is anyone out there thinking of coming to the city don't it's crap, we all live in a yellow submarine, a yellow submarine. (of coarse that is just friendly scouse humour!)

So now we know how you really feel, and you say Ringo should be ashamed!

If you're trying to say you're only joking, you've missed the point that that's what Ringo was doing.

Quote Originally Posted by PhilipG View Post
    So now we know how you really feel, and you say Ringo should be ashamed!

If you're trying to say you're only joking, you've missed the point that that's what Ringo was doing.
    if i realy thought that why would i start this thread, and if that was what ringo was trying to do then fair enough but it isn't just me that has took it the wrong way is it, and if people from this city can take it wrongly then i am sure that people from other places in the country can, and do you think that, that is a good thing. he should have been a little bit more savy about it. i haven't come on here to argue with people, and so what if i live in Huyton what is so speacial about the Dingle i don't have a problem with were you live but some of you obviously do me eh?

Exclamation

He did seem slightly arrogant, but otherwise I think I understand where he's coming from. When Ross asked him what he missed about Liverpool and he said 'nothing' I think this is to be expected. When he left Liverpool around 40 yrs ago Liverpool was a declining and extremely poor city with what looked like no future so you can't really blame him for not missing anything. Now when he comes back Liverpool is the complete opposite and he himself admits he doesn't know much about Liverpool anymore and it has changed alot since he was last here, and lets not forget that the show isn't live and it is heavily edited. Plus there's always the possibility he was taking the p!ss
    Last edited by AK1; 01-19-2008 at 02:39 PM.

DaisyChains

Quote Originally Posted by Max View Post

The Beatles came out at the right time, a Church Choir could write those songs.
    I am sorry Max, but that is a ridiculous statement.
    Even if you don't like them, I think the artistry and craftmanship of Lennon/McCartney songs is unparalled.
    And probably always will be.

so what if i live in Huyton what is so speacial about the Dingle i don't have a problem with were you live but some of you obviously do me eh?
    No one is ****ging Huyton mate?

I'm live in Page Moss and used to go St Doms, if anyone was ****ging Huyton I'd set Steven Gerrards face on them!

Quote Originally Posted by H_Asbo View Post
    No one is ****ging Huyton mate?

I'm live in Page Moss and used to go St Doms, if anyone was ****ging Huyton I'd set Steven Gerrards face on them!
    sound

You forget that Ringo wrote "Octopuses Garden", fun song. People do come to Liverpool because of The Beatles it's true, the same as people go to Stratford because of Shakespeare and have been going there for hundreds of years and people will be coming to Liverpool because of The Beatles in hundreds of years time, it won't end. Sorry but I have never met anyone who has come to visit Liverpool because of Gerry and the Pacemakers or Frankie goes to Hollywood. If you can find a church choir that are better than The Beatles sign them up now.

Chris48

All four members of the Beatles were as important as each other. Ringo was the right person for the job. If you listen to professional drummers talk about his style of playing, apparently he was technically brilliant. Take each member away from the Beatles and were they as good? Personally speaking, McCartney bores me. He's had some catchy tunes but I find them ho hum. Lennon too, some good tunes but a fair bit of dross . George Harrison, not a blistering guitarist but did some fine work (and some dross too). Ringo, just can't sing and I think he would be the first to admit it. Most of his songs have been a bit tongue in cheek although i thought "Photograph" was great. I saw Ringo speaing on Ross's show last night and he was being typically Beatle -esq quick witted and laddish, and that was all. He's always the same and his new song is bloody awful. But as he says in the lyric " Liverpool I never let you down"......and he didnt!

Check out the Ringo Starr all star band that came to Liverpool in Oct 92. He always puts on a good show. Here there are Todd Rundgren, Dave Edmunds, Timothy B Schmidt (Eagles) , Joe Walsh, Nils Lofgren, Timmy somebody on percussion and sax from Tina Turners band, and a Canadian artist on keyboards called Burton Cummings, oh and Zac Starkey on drums .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IeUIi...eature=related
    Last edited by Chris48; 01-19-2008 at 06:42 PM.

i went to morrison, and we only ever sang when im 64 and with a little help from my friends(both ringo sung i hasten to add). besides that, ringo hasnt lived here for 40 odd years, the liverpool he knew has changed, so why would he miss it? hes getting unfair criticism here i feel. all the beatles left liverpool and never returned to live here, yet we rarely here complaints about lennon and harrison leaving. macca returns often too, thats why theres few complaints.

Last edited by Louis; 01-19-2008 at 06:49 PM.

Gnomie

None of the other Beatles are using or did use Liverpool to promote themselves.

The Beatles are a class group that has left its mark, they will be around forever.

In our school Juniors and Seniors we sang Beatle songs in Music Lessons, it was great fun.

I have also noticed plenty of stay away Scousers ( soap stars and one hit wonders ) have been showing their faces up here. Would it be for Liverpool or for themselves? I wonder. Ringo has done himself no favours with some of his remarks.

Tommy Moore was the best Beatles Drummer, and George Harrison said that in front of Ringo. Who could argue with George

Quote Originally Posted by Louis View Post
    i went to morrison, and we only ever sang when im 64 and with a little help from my friends(both ringo sung i hasten to add). besides that, ringo hasnt lived here for 40 odd years, the liverpool he knew has changed, so why would he miss it? hes getting unfair criticism here i feel. all the beatles left liverpool and never returned to live here, yet we rarely here complaints about lennon and harrison leaving. macca returns often too, thats why theres few complaints.
    Absolutely correct.. Harrison lived here in Hawaii.. died here too.. And so what? A person can grow up somewhere..( and Ringos' house was no paradise neighborhood at that time..) to put things in perspective..probably not leaving with many fond memories.. That is what I take from his answer..

People are reading into his comments.. Yes, the City is lovely now.. Yes, things have changed..Could he live peacefully there.. NOT with Tourist buses... LOL..

But, as for people leaving ( as many ex-pats do.) cause for reasons of their own..And never regretting to go back to a place (finding another paradise for themselves) has NOTHING to do with going back and enjoying it once in awhile..which he did ...
    .. I think he was answering correct.. NO..he wouldn't come back there to live.. Yes, he found a place of solitude.. and YES, he made a name for your city.. and NEVER let it down in that respect.. PEACE AND LOVE ... Wonder if you all (granted making a zillion) wouldn't move? hemmm ?????

Quote Originally Posted by Kev View Post
    In all honesty, I've avoided everything that Ringo has been involved in over the last couple of weeks, including JRoss, who I always watch.
    Kev, I don't usually differ with you .. but I am just the opposite - I avoid anything with J Ross in it !! - I can't do with him .. I knew Ringo was on his show and I would never have switched on - however my husband changed chanels and we saw it.

Well, when I heard Ringo's comments my first reaction was to think it was tongue in cheek. That was my first thought.

heard some complaints today, and I thought that maybe my reaction has been naive - but reading the forum I see that one or two others have picked up on the tongue in cheek aspect of it.
    Sometimes people don't get sarcasm and not everybody might 'get it'

I HOPE this is right. I don't want to have to be disapointed with one of our Beatles.

I am waiting to see if there will be any further comment from Ringo as I am sure Liverpool's displeasure will be made known to him.

I will give him the benefit of the doubt until further notice.

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast