Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can some help.

Post Can some help.

Smithdown Road Hospital sorry I mean Sefton General Hospital . Was it L15 or L17 . I was born there and went to Sefton Park School over the road which was L15. Sadly both are Supermarkets.

Steven

Quote Originally Posted by IKE View Post
    Smithdown Road Hospital sorry I mean Sefton General Hospital . Was it L15 or L17 . I was born there and went to Sefton Park School over the road which was L15. Sadly both are Supermarkets.

L15 Ike. I had to go there last Monday for blood tests.

Wasn't there a school called Bagot st ? Is that the one you went to Ike?

Yes, Steven is correct, it is L15.

Steven

The school was in Thornycroft Road and it is now an Aldi supermarket.

Blog Entries

i was born in sefton general

Become A Supporter 👇

Donate Via PayPal

Donate

Thumbs up

Thank you gents for the feed back was never sure. Yes Sefton Park School was between Bagot Street and Thornycroft Road. The junior was facing Smithdown road and senors at the rear. The is only one part of the school standing which was part of the seniors. It was the new building. The school at its own baths small but very good. Some of the trees are still standing which help to help me recall those happy days. Thanks gents once more.

There are pics of this area on Toxteth.net
    http://www.toxteth.net/maps/liverpool/lpool1h.htm

Quote Originally Posted by Kev View Post
    i was born in sefton general
    so was I...in a thunderstorm. my mum had to be wheeled across one of the old court yards from labour ward to delivery room. she wasn't impressed.
    it's an Asda now.
    Last edited by quincyg; 03-06-2008 at 10:32 PM.
    Proud Scouser, with a dabbling of Welsh and Irish.

bore yourself silly at my Flickr page...anorak central!

Quote Originally Posted by IKE View Post
    Depends on when you were born. Post codes have varied over the years from L8 to L17 to now L15 !!!! See attached map for the L17 version, ca 1970. Post codes are simply for the convenience of Royal Mail and do change. See also for example the Dingle Petroluem stores. This is now L17 and called "Aigburth".
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Toxteth 1.jpg 
Views:	495 
Size:	305.0 KB 
ID:	5321  
    Last edited by taffy; 02-23-2008 at 11:42 PM.

I was born in Sefton General too !, on Mothers Day (long time ago !) Mum always said I was the best pressy she ever got !.

Default Sefton General

I was born in Sefton General (sorry Smithdown Road then).I was named Brian William after the doctor who delivered me.Unfortunately his suname was Smelley.Was my mother trying to tell me something

I was born in Smithdown Road Infirmary. It is on my Birth certificate as 126 Smithdown Road. Before NHS, makes me feel old. Billie Fury and Ringo Star were also born there.
    Now a supermarket....sad...

My great grandma died in Smithdown Road Hospital, but all it says on her death cert is 126 Smithdown Road.
    As we lived in Scotland and had no connections in the area we just assumed she had died in someones house. My nan mever talked about it because of the connection to it being a workhouse, Mum and I were upset to think she had kept it to herself all those years. She died in 1940.

George

Quote Originally Posted by Donna View Post
    My great grandma died in Smithdown Road Hospital, but all it says on her death cert is 126 Smithdown Road.
    As we lived in Scotland and had no connections in the area we just assumed she had died in someones house. My nan mever talked about it because of the connection to it being a workhouse, Mum and I were upset to think she had kept it to herself all those years. She died in 1940.
    As far as I know and I'm all for being corrected,there was only two workhouses in liverpool one on brownlow hill which was huge and the other in Kirkdale.
    There were other establishments but these were mainly sanitoriums for the sick and poor health.

George

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast