Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Capital of Culture Opening 300m eyes on Liverpool

this city used to be a hotbed of working class action and now it is becoming another middle class business suite - i hope you all continue to enjoy giving your money to people richer than you are, and making them richer still, because that is all this whole ridiculous capital of culture event is about. good night!

ps luckily i only had to walk to the event, from what i've read on here it seems getting in and getting home from town was a dangerous misery for many people. cui bono?

Well I don't care about of any of that stuff - 'cos I was just made up to be there and we thought it was great.

Those guitarists and drummers were pure drama and different.

I have to admit tho' that I did notice the title of the Wombat's ' Moving to New York' - and I did think it is ironic because of John Lennon being murdered there the Wombats or the organisers should have had the grace to choose something else for them to play. It wouldn't have hurt to play something different.

Every time you shop,eat,get the bus,take in a show,drive your car,buy your car (in fact everything you do) you give your money to someone richer than you,so what you say means absolutely nothing and it took me 25 minutes to get home from town,misery eh.If you don't like it you don't have to go because nobody forced you too,I'm sure the estimated 3oo million people around the World enjoyed it,I wouldn't expect some people here to because they walk about with a black cloud permanently above their heads moaning,if it wasn't this it'd be the weather getting them down.

Quote Originally Posted by Kev View Post
    You share the same IP address as another member, a coincidence?

Who could this be???

" If you know your history, then you would know where you coming from".

"I could have been a footballer - but I had a paper round"..Yosser Hughes

PhilipG

Remember, the weather was freezing.
    Us, in the crowds had the body warmth of each other.
    The performers were much more exposed to the cold.
    So, they mimed.
    So what!

I have to admit tho' that I did notice the title of the Wombat's ' Moving to New York' - and I did think it is ironic because of John Lennon being murdered there the Wombats or the organisers should have had the grace to choose something else for them to play. It wouldn't have hurt to play something different.
    Moving to New York's the new single though and don't forget this was going out to America.

John(Zappa)

Quote Originally Posted by mimng View Post
    does nobody care that all of the musicians seemed to be miming????

does nobody care that ringo and the wombats seemed to have singles/albums to promote that are coming out on monday???

does nobody care that all the sinister looking power rangers, i mean, GUITARISTS on the roof of the carpark were not playing their instruments, but in fact looked like some sort of ridiculous silhoutted deathsquad???

does nobody care that at the end of ringo's drum solo (at the start of the event), the music stopped and he was still hitting his drums, despite no sound coming out???

does nobody care that the wonderful sounding choir had no microphones in sight (that i could see)???

does nobody care that the beatles left liverpool just as soon as they could and that the wombats single is called 'moving to new york' (exactly what john lennon did)???

does nobody care that liverpools biggest band of this century, the zutons, were not there at all???? did they tell the capital of culture to f off? PROBABLY!!

capital of culture??? capitalist vultures. i would love to stand corrected on any of the above points, but that is how it appeared to me - i was there. and to me it all looked like a big state propaganda event.

thanks for the freedom of speech.
    I wish I had put all the above.
    Time to be honest folks......(oh I know alot who dont like honesty!).
    My mate is working on the cherry picker there and he said he could see all the backhanders etc going on.For the people my ass,for the fat rich cats to get a little richer-definately and for those councillors who need their names in the papers and on tv again just so we know "how good they are".

i dont LIKE giving my money to any companies - im sure most people dont, and im sure most people think they get overcharged for most goods and services. and when these rich individuals and companies get together and organise things like the capital of culture, which doesnt actually benefit the culture of the city (selling out the culture of quiggins for more middle class shops, covering up ugly buildings rather than redeveloping them, turning the city centre into a building site when it is the poverty of the suburbs that actually needs the regeneration, removing half of the banksy work of art that in any other city would become part of its tourist attraction, spending vast amounts of money on executive lunches and meetings, to name but a few) you have to wonder why so many good people have left the organisation of the capital of culture bid since its inception because they have been appalled at the misdirection of funds.

i went along last night expecting to be dazzled, but was completely flumoxed. to be fair, i was expecting a lot more liverpool music, (some beatles song would have been a GREAT idea, 50,000 people singing along would even made me have liked the guitarists on the roof of the carpark!) if 300million eyes were watching that last night, i would be a little embarassed.

i hope tonight at the echo arena is better. however, i dont have a ticket. easiest way to get one? be the manager of a business based in the city centre....

Quote Originally Posted by PhilipG View Post
    Remember, the weather was freezing.
    Us, in the crowds had the body warmth of each other.
    The performers were much more exposed to the cold.
    So, they mimed.
    So what!
    errrr

they dont need to mime at glastonbury, reading or leeds do they?? talk about making excuses for them!

and for january, it was a pretty balmy evening!!! compare that to the wind and rain of glasto last year, i reckon it was warmer last night!

Blog Entries

It was a free event wasn't it?
    Become A Supporter 👇

Donate Via PayPal

Donate

Quote Originally Posted by Kev View Post
    It was a free event wasn't it?
    no. our taxes paid for it.

Blog Entries

what did u go for then?
    Become A Supporter 👇

Donate Via PayPal

Donate

as ive already said - for live music

As the great Stuart Hall would say on It`s a Knockout "Nil Points" for
    Liverpool`s opening night of the C O C. It looked like all the fellows that have been working on the various building sites in the city had decided to have
    a party in their working clothes
    THE BEST VITAMIN FOR MAKING FRIENDS ? B.1

My Flickr site: www.flickr.com/photos/exacta2a/

http://flickrhivemind.net/User/exacta2a

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mimng View Post
    as ive already said - for live music
    , i was going to say, 'don't mention live music'.

That's not the impression I got earlier on.

http://www.yoliverpool.com/forum/sho...5&postcount=69
    Become A Supporter 👇

Donate Via PayPal

Donate

Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast