Thread: Penny Lane Wine Bar

Thumbs up Penny Lane Wine Bar

The Penny Lane Wine Bar seems like a nice enough place. The drink flows well, the staff are friendly, the food is great, and there never was a hint of trouble in the place anytime I was there.

My question is, with the countless drinking establishments in that area (Penny Lane, Smithdown, & Allerton Road), why is this place always packed?

And a related question, do any of the pubs and cafes in that area have late night hours?

[QUOTE=bdm;100506]The Penny Lane Wine Bar seems like a nice enough place.

My question is, with the countless drinking establishments in that area (Penny Lane, Smithdown, & Allerton Road), why is this place always packed?
    QUOTE]

Surely it's where the pretty people like to be seen.

Talking

No, I disagree. The "beautiful people" seem to gravitate more toward the chic wine bars on Allerton Rd. Technically, The Penny Lane is called a wine bar, but to me it has more of a neighbourhood pub ambiance, which is why I find it strange that it is always so crowded. Every generation is represented, and I would guess most of the patrons are neighbourhood people. I'll give you this though, in my few times in the place most of the female customers were easy on the eyes, so maybe there is a level of "beautiful people" poserness to the place. I don't know. But if any of you neighbourhood people have some insight on this place, please feel free to share it here with the rest of us.

Quote Originally Posted by bdm View Post
    The Penny Lane Wine Bar seems like a nice enough place. The drink flows well, the staff are friendly, the food is great, and there never was a hint of trouble in the place anytime I was there.

And a related question, do any of the pubs and cafes in that area have late night hours?
    the richmond has a late bar on a weekend 12 o'clock i think the mustard has a 12.30 bar., as for plwb the ale is superb, top budweiser and guiness on tap.