Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Haunted Liverpool Schools

The cock-eyed nun of Bishop Goss was another 'urban myth' methinks. One dinner hour a few of us went into the old infants come seniors block - the original part of the school which was partly disused now that St. Gregs secondary school on Prince Edwin street took the seniors.

We were all making our way gingerly along the corridor and into a room that was like the old carlsberg complaints advert, dust everywhere, suddenly someone noticed the bare lightbulb hanging down on about 4ft of twisted wire from the high ceiling was swinging and screamed whereby we all made a mad dash out with one lad catching his fingers in the rapidly closing door.

Hearts beating fast, we legged it out of the doorway into Cazneau Street into fresh air and daylight - next stop, Kitty Carters minute sweet shop to recount our tale and stock up on gobstoppers.
    www.inacityliving.piczo.com/

Updated weekly with old and new pics.

Gnomie

Our school must have been haunted as every day i walked through the gates it made me shiver and the gloom took over

My sister went to Blackburne House and said there was a story of a young girl haunting the tower or something on the roof. she said there was a staircase up there that they where all scared of? suppose all schools have stories, plus me sister is a nutter dont tell her i said that

Just rang her
    www.inacityliving.piczo.com/

Updated weekly with old and new pics.

Quote Originally Posted by Kev View Post
    Wasn't Earle Rd Juniors used as a morgue during the war? The school had a swimming pool underneath its building, in the basement. Strange goings on in here I reckon!

I work in this school and you're right about the use of the hall. The old building has been knocked down now and a new building erected on the site. I'd say it's definately haunted (even the new school)- the cleaners have told us they have felt like they are being watched in certain areas of the building or have heard noises that they cannot explain (lower KS1 corridors and classrooms.) I certainly don't like being one of the last staff to leave of an evening!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123