Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Haunted Liverpool Schools

DaisyChains

Quote Originally Posted by Ged View Post
    Was that a sort of sub-way like TJ's, London Road that goes under Stafford Street?
    I don't know where you mean Ged....

[QUOTE=Mark R;98861]Isn't there a possibility of every school being haunted though?
    It seems every school has a haunting
    It's the same with theatres, castles, inns, & country houses. The one place where more people die than anywhere else (namely hospitals) never seems to attract the same 'hauntings.'[/QUOTE

Does it have to be a certain age the builiding site to be haunted? I do think spirits run in a lot of places..
    Hospitals when people die.. Had a ghost in me sisters room and mums room at their death.. They said they saw a man in the corner of the room.. ???? Different hospitals.. but the same experience...
    I just said ... OKAY.. Go away whoever you are.. and then my loved ones seemed to be at peace...

Quote Originally Posted by naked lilac View Post
    Does it have to be a certain age the builiding site to be haunted? I do think spirits run in a lot of places..
    Hospitals when people die.. Had a ghost in me sisters room and mums room at their death.. They said they saw a man in the corner of the room.. ???? Different hospitals.. but the same experience...
    I just said ... OKAY.. Go away whoever you are.. and then my loved ones seemed to be at peace...
    Interesting reading that...I have always been interested in the possible hauntings in hospitals, but they don't seem to attract the same attention as the other places I mentioned. Like I said in an earlier post, the Seamen's Orphanage I live behind is apparently rife with 'sightings.'
    It is Accomplished

Quote Originally Posted by SteH View Post
    The story was doing the rounds when I was there 1982-89.
    yeah me too, a bit later like 98-05

I have a friend who works there in one of your hospitals.. she has some errie tales to tell .. Of seeing feet in the hall.. and then they disappear. She works on the night shift..

I was told a place has to be at least 100 years old.. to be haunted ? But, I don't believe that now.. I believe after what I experienced with my kin.. I think you either have to be well intuned with another dimention of the soul to feel or see ...
    My sister also had a polterquist in her house in Upper Maine.. When she wore anything that was made of black onyx.. it seemed to stir the unknown in the place.. The silver in the kitchen would fly across the room.. She moved from there soon after... and would never wear that stone.. True story...

Sorry , getting off the subject of haunted schools in Liverpool.. I would definitely think like Mark R. says.. the Seamans Orphanage probably has a few .. Hey.. buy ya a pint Mark if you go stay over at night... LOL
    Last edited by naked lilac; 01-05-2008 at 09:39 AM.

Cadfael

I don't think it needs to be any age for a place to be haunted. But it would depend on what 'haunted' is. My family saw my late pop in our house shortly after he passed away but nothing since. I wouldn't class our house as haunted.

Childwall C of E was rife with ghost stories to scare the kids but on exploring some of the rooms, you would get some amazingly strange 'cold spots' in a room - literally like walking in to an open fridge!

Cold spots..? That reminds me of when I stayed in a college Dorm in California with 3 roomates.. We walked into our little room and immediately were all shocked It was like a freezer in there.. and we had NO air conditioning.. No one elses room felt like this.. It was pretty frightening at the time. The college in LA wasn't that old.. so, don't know.. but, felt very spooky the presence .. we all left...

Blog Entries

As I remember Peg Leg was the ghost from Colomendy so was probably known to may Liverpool school children. I had (and still have) many friends who were in Bluecoat and i've never heared them mention Peg Leg.

Where did you pick this up Cad, I love trying to trace stories to their origins .

Cadfael

Quote Originally Posted by fortinian View Post
    As I remember Peg Leg was the ghost from Colomendy so was probably known to may Liverpool school children. I had (and still have) many friends who were in Bluecoat and i've never heared them mention Peg Leg.

Where did you pick this up Cad, I love trying to trace stories to their origins .
    My Bro used to go to Bluecoat back in the 80's and it was going around the school back then.

Quote Originally Posted by naked lilac View Post
    .. I would definitely think like Mark R. says.. the Seamans Orphanage probably has a few .. Hey.. buy ya a pint Mark if you go stay over at night... LOL
    I don't drink! Yes, there are apparently cold spots in the orphanage. I went to Lister Drive School in the 1970's and there was talk that the tower in the building was haunted. Don't know if it was though...
    It is Accomplished

Default Pegleg the ghost

I used to be a boarder at the Bluecoat School in the early 80s.

The story we knew of Pegleg the ghost was that he was a german pilot that was shot down during one of the wars (first or second world).

He was also known to walk through the dormitories clanking chains as he went.

Many a night i would lie in my bed with my covers over my head not daring to look out in the dark of night across the dormitory in case i saw him.

Quote Originally Posted by Munders View Post
    He was also known to walk through the dormitories clanking chains as he went.

Fancy flushing toilets at that hour, how inconsiderate and I hope you told old peggy so.
    www.inacityliving.piczo.com/

Updated weekly with old and new pics.

DaisyChains

I remember being told of Pegleg who haunted the Colomendy dorms.
    I think he is just an urban legend (or leg-end.....beat you to that one Ged!! )

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DaisyChains View Post
    I remember being told of Pegleg who haunted the Colomendy dorms.
    I think he is just an urban legend (or leg-end.....beat you to that one Ged!! )
    Yup, they were still telling that one when I visited Colomendy in the late 80s. Not the leg-end bit obviously, full credit to DaisyChains for that...

I went to Holy trinity school in Wavertree, which had an old staircase which everyone referred to as the "back stairs" the only time we were ever allowed to use them was in a fire drill. The teachers didnt even use them, the story going round was that years ago a pupil stabbed the headmaster with a fountain pen, which they used to use back then, it hit a fatal organ and apparently he fell thru the door and down the back stairs where he died, not sure how true it was but everyone including the teachers seemed to be scared of the "back stairs", one day when we were all sat in the classroom near to the door of the "back stairs" and the door opened really slowly, the book case rattled then the door shut, the teacher legged out of the classroom, whitefaced and left all us 9 years old sat there paralysed with fear, until one by one we got the giggles, although I think that was with fear! The headmistress came back in with the teacher who looked very sheepish and nothing more was said!!!!! Thinking about it, it was probably the wind, but you never know!!!!!!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast