Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Wall of Fame

Chris48

Yes I was right, Tressell was born in Dublin, lived near Brighton and died in Liverpool en route to a new life in Canada. He is NOT from Merseyside nor did he ever live there.

Somebody at the council needs the backsides kicking because they have done a document called "*00 names who helped shape our city". One of the names is Herbert Balmer who is a discredited high ranking policeman, proven to have lied in th Ecameo Murders trial sending an innocent man to his death and another to prison for 10 years (appeal court judges words not mine). Click on the link and scroll up 17 lines.

http://www.liverpool.gov.uk/Images/tcm21-100996.pdf

Where is Phil Taylor ? = 1936 - 1954 (Captain in 1950)
    Led the team out between the "Twin Towers" to the first Wembley Cup Final to loose 2 - 0 to Arsenal. A very sad day.

Phredd

ps = I was told he was an Uncle of mine but have only one memory of him apart from football..
    In the days when we had nothing we had fun.
    If tomorrow starts without me, remember I was here.

Chris48

Quote Originally Posted by Chris48 View Post
    Yes I was right, Tressell was born in Dublin, lived near Brighton and died in Liverpool en route to a new life in Canada. He is NOT from Merseyside nor did he ever live there.

Somebody at the council needs the backsides kicking because they have done a document called "*00 names who helped shape our city". One of the names is Herbert Balmer who is a discredited high ranking policeman, proven to have lied in th Ecameo Murders trial sending an innocent man to his death and another to prison for 10 years (appeal court judges words not mine). Click on the link and scroll up 17 lines.

http://www.liverpool.gov.uk/Images/tcm21-100996.pdf
    Sorry, this should read

Somebody at the council needs their backsides kicking because they have done a document called "800 names who helped shape our city". One of the names is Herbert Balmer who is a discredited high ranking policeman, proven to have lied in the Cameo Murders trial sending an innocent man to his death and another to prison for 10 years (appeal court judges words not mine). Click on the link and scroll up 17 lines.

http://www.liverpool.gov.uk/Images/tcm21-100996.pdf[/QUOTE]

It is very wrong to add people who were not part of Merseyside at the expense of others who were. Tressell was admitted to the Royal Infirmary with TB and died whilst on the way to his ship to Canada!

Peter Sissons ? isn't he a newsreader, were they that desparate to find 100 names

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12