Thread: Anfield Junior Football League

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Blog Entries

Default Anfield Junior Football League

A JUNIOR football league has lost its historic records after thieves set its storage container alight, destroying photographs, letters and sentimental treasures. more

Why is this club constantly targetted by arsonists, theives and other forms of criminality?

Become A Supporter 👇

Donate Via PayPal

Donate

Libertarian

Quote Originally Posted by Kev View Post
    A JUNIOR football league has lost its historic records after thieves set its storage container alight, destroying photographs, letters and sentimental treasures. more

Why is this club constantly targetted by arsonists, theives and other forms of criminality?
    Couldn't believe this when I saw it it makes me really angry!

Good kids like that being targetted by scum with no morals or dedication at all. Best of it is the scum who did this would cause murder over the football but the kids who dedicate their spare time to actually playing it lose out. Unbelievable.

Quote Originally Posted by Libertarian View Post
    Couldn't believe this when I saw it it makes me really angry!

Good kids like that being targetted by scum with no morals or dedication at all. Best of it is the scum who did this would cause murder over the football but the kids who dedicate their spare time to actually playing it lose out. Unbelievable.
    You are making a very logical point there, but scum like this can hardly be expected to understand logical argument. If these are every caught the members of the AJL should be let loose in their bedrooms so all their lacoste trackies can be destroyed.

Libertarian

Quote Originally Posted by SteH View Post
    You are making a very logical point there, but scum like this can hardly be expected to understand logical argument. If these are every caught the members of the AJL should be let loose in their bedrooms so all their lacoste trackies can be destroyed.
    Hmmm, I tend to bang on a lot about these issues because I am interested in anti social behaviour in Liverpool. Why? not only because it damages buildings but because it ruins peoples lives, it destroys communities, and leads to hopelessness. It might be a massive leap to say that the thug smashing a bus stop one day is involved in a shooting the next day but I believe there is a link. Simply throwing cash at Stanley Park is a complete waste of time, mark my words when the Gladstone conservatory is refurbished some dickheads will smash the glass and it will be in the newspapers. You need to reform peoples behaviour as well as spend money. Most people in North Liverpool are decent folk but the area has a cultural problem which is deeply embedded in unemployment, lack of education, benefits culture, and family breakdown. The Lib Dems are mistaken if they believe that throwing money at Stanley Park is the only answer.

Re: Anfield Junior Football League records - Tragic. These mindless morons have no consideration for anything.
    Having played in the Tuebrook Junior Sports League (TJSL) I always wonder what became of the records/archives that are/were held by them.
    It is Accomplished

Quote Originally Posted by Libertarian View Post
    Hmmm, I tend to bang on a lot about these issues because I am interested in anti social behaviour in Liverpool. Why? not only because it damages buildings but because it ruins peoples lives, it destroys communities, and leads to hopelessness. It might be a massive leap to say that the thug smashing a bus stop one day is involved in a shooting the next day but I believe there is a link. Simply throwing cash at Stanley Park is a complete waste of time, mark my words when the Gladstone conservatory is refurbished some dickheads will smash the glass and it will be in the newspapers. You need to reform peoples behaviour as well as spend money. Most people in North Liverpool are decent folk but the area has a cultural problem which is deeply embedded in unemployment, lack of education, benefits culture, and family breakdown. The Lib Dems are mistaken if they believe that throwing money at Stanley Park is the only answer.

Sad to say that you are right. The park will need security if it is too survive.
    Especially the conservatory. It was totally refurbished during the 1980s I think it was - and look how it ended up - totally trashed beyond recognition.
    It will be fantastic to see the park get the makeover it deserves, but I don't hold much faith in it staying that way for long. There are too many low lifes around. It sounds awful to be so pessimistic, but the anti-socials blight an area to a degree that the communities have lost all optimism.
    Everyone is very pleased to hear the news about Stanley park, but everyone says the same thing - how long will it last !'

Yep, the fact is, when we used to play hide n' seek in St. John's Gardens and the little Vauxhall Viva - parks and gardens van would come in, we'd run like mad with the little fat fella running after us - that was as bad as it ever got.

Can you imagine a parky now stumbling across some hoodies or smackheads - I'd dread to think what would happen.
    www.inacityliving.piczo.com/

Updated weekly with old and new pics.

This is from a book published 45 years ago and made into a film 36 years ago

TRAMP
    It's a stinking world because there's no law and order any more. It's a stinking world because it lets the young get onto the old like you done. It's no world for an old man any more. What sort of a world is it at all? Men on the moon and men spinning around the earth and there's not no attention paid to earthly law and order no more.

The Tramp starts singing again.

TRAMP
    Oh dear land, I fought for thee and brought you peace and victory.

Alex and gang move in and start beating up on old Tramp.

Sounds just like it was today.
    You can always count on Americans to do the right thing - after they've tried everything else.
    Winston Churchill

Libertarian

I think this was in Stanley Park? Given that a multi million pound facelift of that park starts today, has anyone given any thought to how they will keep it smart when it's finished because if they don't it will be a complete waste of money.

Libertarian

Can I ask you a question Shytalk? Does this sort of thing happen in the States? Where you live or in other states? If so what punishments do the perpertrators receive and are they effective?

Libertarian,
    I am sure it happens in the big cities, punishments are real over here. Where I live is a small town and I love it, I have had enough of big cities. In the 43 years I lived in Liverpool I did jobs that I would not do today, a few things happened to get the adrenaline rushing 30 years ago, I know it is way worse today.
    I have not seen any graffiti since I came to live here in 2005. There has been one murder in the county. The local paper even reports minor traffic accidents because it has so little to report. It is like living in the past and I love it.
    My sister and brother in law just spent 2 weeks here, she told me it was the most relaxing time she had in years.
    One thing I think affects the crime rate is the fact that no booze can be bought here, I have to drive 30 miles to Missouri to get mine if I want it. I don't drink much any more but I do like to keep some in. You might think that weird but the public voted for it to be that way after general prohibition and 75% of this state has been that way since.
    You can always count on Americans to do the right thing - after they've tried everything else.
    Winston Churchill

Libertarian

Shytalk--Interesting--thanks