Thread: Sacred Heart Primary School, Kirkby

Default Sacred Heart Primary School, Kirkby

I hope I am putting this in the right place.

Can anyone tell me anything at all about Scared Heart Primary School in Kirkby such as where it was, is it still there etc.

I'm researching my family tree and several members of my family went there.

Hoping someone on here can help.

Cadfael

Quote Originally Posted by History Girl View Post
    I hope I am putting this in the right place.

Can anyone tell me anything at all about Scared Heart Primary School in Kirkby such as where it was, is it still there etc.

I'm researching my family tree and several members of my family went there.

Hoping someone on here can help.
    A quick net-search shows:

http://www.axcis.co.uk/37659.html

Have you tried Friends Reunited?

PhilipG

I know it's a typo, but what if there really was a school called "Scared Heart"?

Default sacred heart school

the adress is westhead avenue ,northwood ,kirkby
    it`s still there
    gregs dad

Default Can I help?

I attended Sacred Heart Infants and then Juniors between 1964 and 1967 after we moved to Kirkby from Anfield. The school is indeed on Westhead Avenue and is still there, although much smaller than before. The former infants block is now the Kirkby unemployed Resource centre, although the last time I was there, it was still recognisable as my old school. The buildings were all still there and the playground now serves as a car park. The whole school is now housed in what used to be the Junior school.

After 1967 I moved to the newly-built English Martyrs school in Tower Hill, but was re-united with many of my old Sacred Heart friends when I went to St Kevins in 1969. I went through St Kevs and left in 1976. I am still in touch with one of my friends who I met at Sacred Heart back in 1964.

Can you tell me who your family members were? I may have known them.

Default Sacred Heart Primary School Kirkby

I went to Sacred Heart Infants and then junior School. Sister Ita was the Headmistress of The Infant School and was succeeded by Miss Cruickshank. The Heamaster of the Juniors and then later of the newly combined Primary School was Mr Tom Walker.

The School Buildings although still there are no longer called Sacred Heart. Sacred Heart Closed in the early 2000's and Simonswood School relocated to Sacred Heart as Simonswood had been destroyed by an Arson Attack.

Kirkby is barely recognisable now. Most of the Churches and Schools are gone as are other sites such as Kirkby Stadium

Default Sacred Heart

My father was the original headmaster of the Primary School , and was there about 20 years . Tom Walker was his deputy for many years and took over on his retirement .
    I have an awful lot of paperwork relating to the school going back to the beginning .
    If anyone wants it , please contact me at
    sakpi2002@yahoo.co.uk .
    Regards to all ,
    Sakpi

I HEARD THAT SACRED HEART SCHOOL KIRKBY HAS BEEN PULLED DOWN.