Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: childhood memories. part one/four

Blog Entries

Default Childhood Memories

I can remember a film Jess and I went to see at the Playhouse when we were kids,it was called "No Room at the Inn".The children in it were without parents,they were'nt orphans,Dad was at the War and I forget where Mum was.Reading your story brought back the memory of how that film made us feel.As poor as we were ,we were sad for those little children.And that is just how your young life comes across to me.You must be made of strong stuff to come through all that unscathed,and I bet your children could not wish for a better father.
    You are creating something extraordinary,carry on,
    Best wishes
    BrianD

Chippie, these memories are so touching, it brings a tear to my eye.

Brian, I hope to read a lot more from you too.

Blog Entries

Default Childhood Memories

Hi Lindy Lou,
    My P.C. breathed it's last on the 1st of November and I have been having a new one built(d'you know I'm on my 3rd keyboard),so I'll be back in the saddle by the weekend.But,hey,you don't get any better than Chippies,I'm on my fourth box of tissues!!!!
    Be with you soon ,
    BrianD

Default Chippies memories

I am enthralled by these stories and although I remember hard times also, it never fails to touch me when I read of other families hardships, but, as always the humour gets you through doesn't it? Keep up with the stories, I look forward to them everyday. I salute you both Chippie and Brian D

chippie

Thanks Jess, there will be a shortie from me soon, if not sooner ,just got to clear my thoughts and get up to date with my e mails.

chippie

Default When did you last see your mother?

Growing up in Everton during my infant and primary school years seemed void of sentimentality. The wounds of the war years were not solely received on the battlefield. My mother and father had dumped me at a time of my deep neccessity for love. I was three when I found neither parent available to me and was bereft of both physical and mental parential attention. I may as well have been left on some stranger,s doorstep in a carrier bag;

thank God that abortions were tricky, (old wives tales didn,t work, I,m alive to prove it) messy and difficult to negotiate.

In my most tender years I thought that if left in my mother,s care, I,d have been starved, beaten or even poisoned to death. Anything to get rid of this dirty, crying third mouth to feed.

I grew up wanting desperately to be mothered. Wanting to be liked if I couldn,t be loved. Tolerated if I couldn,t have friendship. An acquaintance if I couldn,t have have acceptability.

Nobody ever told me why I was given away at such an early age. Was I a crying baby? Was I a mistake? Was I even my father,s, and a disgraced feotus within my mother,s womb?

Time has proven a great healer, and, whilst still a teenager and fresh from school, I tracked down the woman they called "my mother" to a large flat in Rock Ferry, a particularly sorded district of Birkenhead.
    Throughout my life I,ve recalled a phrase she used that day. On finding that she had no milk for a cup of tea, and volunteering to go looking for a shop that was open to buy a bottle, she called from her doorstep after me,"You will come back...Won,t you?"

It may have been this pitiful remark that helped me through the years to cleanse and heal the unfeeling I had for her for getting rid of me, and giving me to someone else who couldn,t support or afford to keep me in the way that young sons and daughters are supposed to be reared.

Many years later on seeing "mother" on her death bed, surprisingly looking better than I,ve ever seen her in the past. Cheeks rosy and hair brushed back, I thought about the miserably short life that she had lead and the loveless marriage that she must have had to end up alone on a hospital bed with no family all around, holding hands, grieving, mourning the mother she should have been.

I think the most endearing words that I heard at the funeral was, "thank God shes,s gone."

Nobody is supposed to love you like your mum and dad. The love of a partner can fade with time, often it does; But the love of a parent --- or at least of a good parent --- is with you forever. You can,t lose it no matter how selfish or stupid you sometimes might be. And when a parent dies, it is like the brightest light in your life has just gone out, snuffed out at a pinch.
    Anyone losing a parent to cancer or Alzeimers knows that it,s cruelty is boundless. In the end these diseases narrow life down to pain, suffering and humiliation.

To see someone you love go through that breaks your heart. When death finally comes, at least you know that the person you loved is free from suffering.

But why is it still so very hard to say goodbye, in an intensive care ward, to a mother that never was?

written in 1980 after the Christmas death of my mother.

My heart goes out to you Chippie old boy, just shows that a nice human being can still come of it. Keep up the good work.
    www.inacityliving.piczo.com/

Updated weekly with old and new pics.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ged View Post
    My heart goes out to you Chippie old boy, just shows that a nice human being can still come of it. Keep up the good work.
    I go along with every thing Ged has said
    If you can't dazzle them with brilliance,baffle them with bull

http://www.bmycharity.com/laurenrobinson please give generously to childrens cancer charity Clic sergent

John(Zappa)

Chippie
    You are a fine example of a good man.

chippie

Default subuteo

Thanks you guys, but it,s not over yet, have we got a fat lady in the audience please? Still got some more to go yet.

This is me aged four probably, in Auntie Louies
    Last edited by chippie; 03-03-2008 at 03:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by robbo176 View Post
    I go along with every thing Ged has ever said, an I love him too

Why thanks Mand
    www.inacityliving.piczo.com/

Updated weekly with old and new pics.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ged View Post
    Why thanks Mand

Ha Ha now I know what a ventriloquist's dummy feels like
    If you can't dazzle them with brilliance,baffle them with bull

http://www.bmycharity.com/laurenrobinson please give generously to childrens cancer charity Clic sergent

Gnomie

All i can say is brilliant Chippie

chippie

Default thank you

Thank you Tony, It,ll be in the News of the World one of these days mate, ha ha

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast