Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Any pics of Wavertree road?

From Liverpool but live on the Wirral noe for 6 yrs

I use to live in Janet Street off Wavertree Road, I loved it there we were there for about 11 or 12 yrs, the community was great, street charras, street party,s every door in the street wide open loved it, So sad to see it all go, i have some pics but not sure how to put them up as yet as i am new to this site??? A few off us met up in May and had like a little reunion but i think we should set up another one very soon, only a few off us turned up but it was nice to walk around with others from the area and hear all the old story,s, I,m sorry but what a waste, shouldnt be knocking it down it was ok back then for us growing up.
    P.S. Yes that pic off Winifred is actually Janet Street.

Kelly-r looking at the photo where would No 37 be.do you remember.thank.
    Allso to Wallasey thank you for the photos.great stuff.my dad was born in 37 janet street so nice for me to see .thank you.

edwardo 37 would be at the far end Near the second lampost in on the left)and probably on the left hand side. The lower numbers were at this end. some of the family names and (door numbers) near this end in teh 70's were Clarke (11), Kelly (5), Lutus(?), Howard (2 or 4) their house is the house furthest right you can see) Cummins (7), Broad (around 30-40 i'd say), King(17 or 19), Galvin(15), quinn (13), and that old bloody nag at the end house opposite the chippy ruined many a good three and in game of footy. atteh far right of this picture is the side of a shop called appletons i think.

Hope this helps what was your dads surname by teh way?
    Last edited by freddred; 08-31-2009 at 01:16 AM. Reason: change name

freddred.thanks for that info.my dad was born in 1897 at that address.he was living at 72 Denman street in 1923.so don't think you would have met him.again thanks for the info on Janet street.PS what school would he have gone to?

Quote Originally Posted by edwardo View Post
    Kelly-r looking at the photo where would No 37 be.do you remember.thank.
    Allso to Wallasey thank you for the photos.great stuff.my dad was born in 37 janet street so nice for me to see .thank you.
    I think he is right 37 would be like sought off in the middleish, i think my friend the Broughtons lived in or near, i lived in 54 which was about 4 or 5 doors down from the top Gladstone end on the right.

I really loved it here never forget my memories of my childhood there were the best. So sad to see it all going. Right i am gonna try and put some pics up hope i can do it, here goes???

Ok i tryed it failed so will put some up later when my boyfriend is home.

Kelly-R Thanks for that.Please try to put the photos up.

Here goes again, trying to put up photo's????

Smile

I have tryed again and again, gonna get my fella to have a proper look why i cant do it, i really want to put them on for you all to see. Listen if you can go on you tube put in memories of edge hill, there are two videos please watch they are brill, very sad but good, a guy called Graham done them he lived in Dorothy Street, some off my pics are on there of the Royston, Janet Street and more, take a look. x thanks post back on here tell us what you think. x

Hello Kelly.

You can either use the forums own means of uploading pics by clicking on the manage attachments icon or....

I use imageshack whereby you just upload your pic from your computer and copy and paste it into your message on here.

Simples
    www.inacityliving.piczo.com/

Updated weekly with old and new pics.

http://yfrog.com/0bsdc10534xj
    first picture to try.

http://img11.imageshack.us/gal.php?g=sdc10534x.jpg

Here are the pics of around Wavertree Road, hopefully you can see them all, Janet Street, Dorothy, the Royston pub Gladstone Road. Please let me no if it worked, have you looked at the video on You Tube??? Thankyou Ged mate. Kelly.

The pics don't appear Kelly but if you copy and paste all that jargon that appears under the thumbnail uploaded pic into your message on here, then the actual pic will appear on this site then. Good luck.
    www.inacityliving.piczo.com/

Updated weekly with old and new pics.

http://img3.imageshack.us/img3/843/sdc10535v.jpg

This is my old house in Janet Street, hopefully it is there?????

http://img3.imageshack.us/img3/8936/sdc10540l.jpg

This is Looking up Janet Street towards Gladstone Road, Hopefully

http://yfrog.com/12sdc10550aj

The Royston pub my mum's and Nins local, hopefully???

http://yfrog.com/12sdc10544qj

Top of Dorothy Street looking at Gladstone Road, hopefully again???

http://yfrog.com/5gsdc10551ij

Top of Dorothy Street looking down see Royston Steet on the left, hopefully??

I have more but will submit this reply and see if they come up, i think its really sad this was a thriving community and now its like a ghost town, very sad, i have a lot off memories, loved living here was the best for me. Godbless these streets they will live on in our memories forever mine anyway. xxx

Kelly-r.Thank you so much for the photos.I can see them ok.so what ever you did worked out fine.Thanks again.

Default re

they have started the next phase of clearing the entire block from edge land to wavetree road, and much of the lower end of the shops (near the tunnel road junction) will be gone soon, the Royal Arms is shut and has been for a while I believe, also, most of the houses on the East side of Marmeduke Street are earmarked for demolition. On a brighter note, they have done a brilliant job of regenerating Holland place, just up the road, (I now get brilliant views from my bedroom over to the newly reinstated Victorian lamp. Im currently in the middle of refurbishing the Bears Paw pub on the outside

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast