YO! Liverpool
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 6 of 22

Thread: Life and Times At The Iron Door Club

  1. #1
    Newbie overhead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Fredericton, Canada
    Posts
    9
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default Life and Times At The Iron Door Club

    Hello, I am researching the Iron Door Club and would be most interested in hearing any stories or seeing any photographs of this club which was at 13 Temple Street.

    I am particularly interested in the period 1960 to 1963.


    ADVERTISING




    I have a collection of my articles and photos to date, thanks to the generosity of my people from Liverpool at http://www.rickresource.com/irondoorclub

    Peter

  2. #2
    Steven
    Guest Steven's Avatar

    Default

    Can't really help you on this one Peter. The only Iron Door club, I knew was in Mathew Street, on the opposite side to the Cavern - near the Grapes pub.

    Temple street used to be sort of Country 'n Western place. You went down steep steps like the Cavern but I only remember it as a 'dive.'

  3. #3
    Senior Member Waterways's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    2,973
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Blog Entries
    22

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by overhead View Post
    Hello, I am researching the Iron Door Club and would be most interested in hearing any stories or seeing any photographs of this club which was at 13 Temple Street.

    I am particularly interested in the period 1960 to 1963.

    I have a collection of my articles and photos to date, thanks to the generosity of my people from Liverpool at http://www.rickresource.com/irondoorclub

    Peter
    I can remember falling out there half drunk a lot. Also thinking I had copped off with a good looking bird when outside in the light I was deeply disappointed.

    Had some decent bands on if I recall.
    The new Amsterdam at Liverpool?
    Save Liverpool Docks and Waterways - Click

    Deprived of its unique dockland waters Liverpool
    becomes a Venice without canals, just another city, no
    longer of special interest to anyone, least of all the
    tourist. Would we visit a modernised Venice of filled in
    canals to view its modern museum describing
    how it once was?


    Giving Liverpool a full Metro - CLICK
    Rapid-transit rail: Everton, Liverpool & Arena - CLICK

    Save Royal Iris - Sign Petition

  4. #4
    Senior Member Waterways's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    2,973
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Blog Entries
    22

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Steven View Post
    Can't really help you on this one Peter. The only Iron Door club, I knew was in Mathew Street, on the opposite side to the Cavern - near the Grapes pub.

    Temple street used to be sort of Country 'n Western place. You went down steep steps like the Cavern but I only remember it as a 'dive.'
    Matthew St? Nah, Temple St. That was a pseudo Iron Door. Matthew St only had the Cavern and nothing else, but the Grapes and fruit warehouses. I recall the first sign at the Cavern that was put up over the door that was actually lit up.
    The new Amsterdam at Liverpool?
    Save Liverpool Docks and Waterways - Click

    Deprived of its unique dockland waters Liverpool
    becomes a Venice without canals, just another city, no
    longer of special interest to anyone, least of all the
    tourist. Would we visit a modernised Venice of filled in
    canals to view its modern museum describing
    how it once was?


    Giving Liverpool a full Metro - CLICK
    Rapid-transit rail: Everton, Liverpool & Arena - CLICK

    Save Royal Iris - Sign Petition

  5. #5
    Senior Member shytalk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Pocahontas.Arkansas. U.S.A.
    Posts
    546
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Waterways View Post
    Matthew St? Nah, Temple St. That was a pseudo Iron Door. Matthew St only had the Cavern and nothing else, but the Grapes and fruit warehouses. I recall the first sign at the Cavern that was put up over the door that was actually lit up.
    I can verify what Waterways said. What! me agreeing with Waterways? something wrong here.
    You can always count on Americans to do the right thing - after they've tried everything else.
    Winston Churchill

  6. #6
    Senior Member Waterways's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    2,973
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Blog Entries
    22

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shytalk View Post
    I can verify what Waterways said. What! me agreeing with Waterways? something wrong here.
    Don't do that!
    The new Amsterdam at Liverpool?
    Save Liverpool Docks and Waterways - Click

    Deprived of its unique dockland waters Liverpool
    becomes a Venice without canals, just another city, no
    longer of special interest to anyone, least of all the
    tourist. Would we visit a modernised Venice of filled in
    canals to view its modern museum describing
    how it once was?


    Giving Liverpool a full Metro - CLICK
    Rapid-transit rail: Everton, Liverpool & Arena - CLICK

    Save Royal Iris - Sign Petition

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Old Liverpool Football Club and Everton Football Club Pictures
    By Kev in forum Liverpool History and Heritage Discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-01-2007, 01:48 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

For daily updates, to support us further or to join in the conversation: Follow us on Twitter @YOLiverpool / Like our Facebook Page: @LiverpoolInPictures / Join the Facebook Group: Liverpool In Pictures (YO! Liverpool)

YO! Liverpool has taken me over 10 years to develop and maintain. If you like the website, please donate via PayPal!