Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: More concrete Gardens

It is indeed and just like anyone knowing the real history of the area, the knowledge and old photos are always a welcome addition.
    www.inacityliving.piczo.com/

Updated weekly with old and new pics.

It is indeed and just like anyone knowing the real history of the area, the knowledge and old photos are always a welcome addition.
    Sadly not all of us can obtain photies of their place of growing up.

I got you some didn't I Geogie Porgie puddin' n pie?

If not I will sure as hell try. Ask away.

No,well you did but that was at the bottom of de street...twould be great looking down or up the street and a photie of Albion House Club at the top as thats where me first kiss happened and I were only 8 and the lady was 17.

It's a good job she wasn't a year older or she'd have been a paedo George. The fact is was your trainee teacher in school was a bit near the knuckle too. Jeez - some people want their actual house on these old pics and believe me i'm up to double figures on that one and even a few with the actual people or family on them too. I will do my best but if a pic wasn't taken then I haven't got a time machine as well. Albion street wasn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by Ged View Post
    some people want their actual house on these old pics and believe me i'm up to double figures on that one and even a few with the actual people or family on them too. I will do my best but if a pic wasn't taken then I haven't got a time machine as well. Albion street wasn't it?
    I bet it's a labour of love tho' Ged.

A never ending task, but a fascinating one I'm sure.

It's a good job she wasn't a year older or she'd have been a paedo George.
    I was sellin Beatles Calenders and she did not have enough so I took what she had and the rest is history.

It is Lindy and I wouldn't do it if I didn't enjoy it. Anyone can go taking their hundredth pic of the Liver, Town Hall or Empire as they've all been done to death and will be there in another X number of years but the anticipation of pulling out a few dozen pics from a folder you've asked to see which has never been out before or with very few names on it is something else. I'm a smidgen the way through the LRO files and that's with 50 thou photos and counting. If I put 5 photos of a street on my site, you can bet it's 5 out of 25 I actually took copies of so it's always worth asking - and I do get asked - a lot.

---------- Post added at 03:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:02 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgePorgie View Post
    I was sellin Beatles Calenders and she did not have enough so I took what she had and the rest is history.
    Did they have holes in - oh sorry, Calendars?

Liverpool Photographer Gerard Fleming's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lindylou View Post
    I bet it's a labour of love tho' Ged.

A never ending task, but a fascinating one I'm sure.

Its like taking the only photos Linda on the closing night inside The Odeon on London Rd..
    or The Everyman Theatre kitchens with the staff at work.. gone, cant be taken again..
    or roaming around Lewis's during the closing days..
    Remember T.Brown the jewellers on London Rd ?...
    do you see any photos inside there ?....
    I got the last day closing party photos in T.Brown..

Or hundreds of photos taken on the Heritage Market roof at the Stanley Dock..
    have you seen them....
    what about the canal link construction...thats now under water ?
    cant be taken again....
    the same as Concourse House balcony.. hundreds of photos taken.
    they might seem insignificant now...
    but thank god somebody took them for future generations to see..

I have no doubt whatsoever that when my photos end up in Librarys or wherever...
    They will be shown by all kinds for people to see how Liverpool looked..

And I walk the streets of my town taking the photos I do Linda
    because its my labour of love...

Thanks Linda..

Gerard.
    Liverpool Days... << my website of Liverpool images

Don`t forget,the old pics we like looking at now were mundane to the people who were around then.

The pics we are taking now are the future records of the past, even the legoland towers.

Except mine, the missus says they are going on the bonfire with me.

It`s just a hobby with me
    THE BEST VITAMIN FOR MAKING FRIENDS ? B.1

My Flickr site: www.flickr.com/photos/exacta2a/

http://flickrhivemind.net/User/exacta2a

Yes, I've seen everyone's photos new ones and old ones Joe, Gerard, Colin, Ged. All putting lots of effort into recording our city and reminding us of the places that no longer exist. A great help for anyone looking up their local history and seeing places where their families lived. It's one of the best things about the forum, so much history and memories are here- also as Joe says, the pics being taken now are the pics for the future.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by collegepudding View Post
    Colin is a very knowledgeable person on the social History of Liverpool, his threads are always keenly awaited by myself ,and' if the number of thanks that are always submitted to his posts are any indication then a large ,number of regular posters also feel the same.
    The thing that slightly irritates me is on a number of occasions he fails to show appreciation ,within the thread, of the feedback he consistently receives from members...A quick post thanking everyone for their input would be most appreciated. just a little point, but one I feel should be made.

Keep posting Colin, i am a big fan of your input to the forum and of your Bluecote publications .

collegepudding
    Hi Collegepudding,

Many thanks for the post and my apologies if I haven't shown due appreciation. The truth is my blog isn't aimed specifically at YoLiverpool but is out there for anyone interested in the photos I post. I fit it in in the evening after work along with working on a couple of books planned for the next few months. It all takes a lot of time and I don't always get the time I would like to answer all the emails and replies I get daily. I'll try harder but I really do appreciate the support even if I don't often add to the thread (I only do that if I can add something substantive to the discussion).

Hi Colin.
    Thanks for replying and addressing the issue i raised in my previous post, its reassuring to note you do appreciate the input and support offered on Yo Liverpool in reply to your Blogs . The issues relating to constraints on your available time are understood, and I wish you well on the progress with your new books.

Thanks .

collegepudding

Anyone visiting the records office really must see Joe McLoughlins dozens of photos of what looks like a record of every piece in T. Browns jewellers together with the upstairs workshops etc. Also dozens of the inside of Cunard Buildings. All donated to the library/records office. It comes under 'Commercial' in the index of the orange directory. The staff there will know what you're talking about.

Liverpool Photographer Gerard Fleming's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by collegepudding View Post
    Hi Colin.
    Thanks for replying and addressing the issue i raised in my previous post, its reassuring to note you do appreciate the input and support offered on Yo Liverpool in reply to your Blogs . The issues relating to constraints on your available time are understood, and I wish you well on the progress with your new books.

Thanks .

collegepudding

Well said cp...

Whether its unusual Liverpool photos some of us take..
    or borrowed from books, Librarys etc.. they are all great to see...

In my case, the hours I put in walking the streets taking my photos
    is all worth it for the enjoyment they bring...here, and to all my Facebook friends.
    plus, its great getting out and about at all hours on the likes of Kenny, or down Granby.

Theres so much to see around Liverpool... and its a buzz being out on the streets for me...day, and night...

Keep on snappin'.... or doin' whatever rocks your boat Liverpool photo wise...

Gerard..
    Liverpool Days... << my website of Liverpool images

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123