Thread: St. Augustines

Default St. Augustines

Hi all. I'm new to the site, I have been trying to find a full frontal photo of St Augustine's RC Church, now demolished it stood in Great Howard street. I would like the photograph for my Family tree research.Thanks in anticipation. Belfast beau.

Hiya Belfast beau....Welcome to Yo.

How about this one.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

collegepudding

Liverpool Photographer Gerard Fleming's Avatar

Hello Belfast beau.. and welcome to Yo..

I was born opposite St Augustines.. I was baptised in St Augustines..
    there is a book out about the parish.. it is very hard to get hold of a copy.

I hope >> this helps you...

Gerard.
    Liverpool Days... << my website of Liverpool images

Excellent stuff Gerard, what a cracking reply to Belfast beau, ,really interesting, and I am sure he /she will be well pleased !

you're a walking encyclopaedia of Liverpool mate !

collegepudding

Hi Belfast , my mum also went there , but sadly i have no pictures ..
    Well except for the ones here ..
    You're not supposed to be so blind with patriotism that you can't face reality. Wrong is wrong, no matter who says it.
    Malcolm X

Hi Collegepudding.
    This photo is from the scottiepress site, I've already tried downloading this one but it loses a lot in the sharpness in the download. I appreciate your efforts. Many thanks Belfast beau.

---------- Post added at 01:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:06 AM ----------

Hi Gerald. This one is also one of the older photos available, unfortunately doesn't lend itself to enlargingwithout losing detail. Thanks for taking the time .Belfast beau.

---------- Post added at 01:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:21 AM ----------

Hi pennylane. At least you took the time to read and reply. I'll let it run for a few days and hope someone somewhere will be able to help Thank you. Belfast beau.

How fit and well looked after those children are and the parents and grandparents look so proud, very good to see after all the "kids in rags" photos.