Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Parklea Manor, Fulwood Park

Default Blacklers

Hi Patto

It may be worth your while looking at the link below:-

http://genforum.genealogy.com/blackler/

The Margaret Blackler of Blacklers store didn't have any children or a sister but the website above might help you.

Sam

Thanks Sam I'll take a look at that website

Patto

Part-time ghost magnet. notaclueinheaven's Avatar

Smile

Hi,

I'm new to this forum but I found the link when I was searching to see if anyone else had any info on Parklea.

My family were one of the more recent owners, before Mr Morgan owned it. My Nan & Grandad owned the property throughout the 70's/80's and I have grown up with regular ghost stories about the place. Particularly the Oak bedroom.

Just thought I would let you know about it as it's of great interest to me also.
    I have been told by my Nan that she has seen ghosts in the mirrors and she believes it would have been of a butler or similar who may have worked at the house, and I have had cousins & my brother claim that they have seen an elderly lady at the foot of the bed in the Oak bedroom who has mysteriously vanished when they have questioned her thinking it was our greatgrandma. My greatgrandma had also seen her. There were occurances of knocking across the walls with no source ever found. My brother once head a mirror smash in the house close to where he was, but after checking every room (which as you can imagine would have taken a while) they found nothing

We have alot of photo's lying about the place, but mainly of the grounds and my mum with her horses in the gardens before the land was sold off.

If you have any questions please feel free to ask and I'll do my best to find out the answers!
    Last edited by notaclueinheaven; 03-23-2009 at 04:41 PM.

bgkk.rock

Quote Originally Posted by notaclueinheaven View Post
    Hi,

I'm new to this forum but I found the link when I was searching to see if anyone else had any info on Parklea.

My family were one of the more recent owners, before Mr Morgan owned it. My Nan & Grandad owned the property throughout the 70's/80's and I have grown up with regular ghost stories about the place. Particularly the Oak bedroom.

Just thought I would let you know about it as it's of great interest to me also.
    I have been told by my Nan that she has seen ghosts in the mirrors and she believes it would have been of a butler or similar who may have worked at the house, and I have had cousins & my brother claim that they have seen an elderly lady at the foot of the bed in the Oak bedroom who has mysteriously vanished when they have questioned her thinking it was our greatgrandma. My greatgrandma had also seen her. There were occurances of knocking across the walls with no source ever found. My brother once head a mirror smash in the house close to where he was, but after checking every room (which as you can imagine would have taken a while) they found nothing

We have alot of photo's lying about the place, but mainly of the grounds and my mum with her horses in the gardens before the land was sold off.

If you have any questions please feel free to ask and I'll do my best to find out the answers!
    Many Thanks Notaclueinheaven

It is very skoopy and wonderful house..... Ghost I love you

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12