Thread: West Derby

Default West Derby

Hi, I’m new to the message board & came across it whilst trying to do some research. I have recently just moved to Liverpool and to the West Derby Area in particular. My house is situated not far from west derby village itself. Since moving in the house I have had an aerie feeling from day one. I live a lone and I am constantly hearing noises. Case of paranoia I know most people think, but I have lived alone and away from home since the age of 18 and never experienced anything like it. Just wondering if there is anything in particular synonymous regarding the paranormal in this area?

Blog Entries

West Derby is a truly ancient place, being recorded in the Doomsday book of 1086 (whereas Liverpool itself was too insignificant to be mentioned). There's lots of exciting historical stuff there like the Roman castle at Castlesite, discovered in the 1930s, and the fact that the place was once owned by the fantastically named Lord Strange.

Sadly, I can't help you out with any ghostly tales of West Derby at the moment but I'd be very interested to learn of any myself.