Thread: Flash Earth/Google Earth/Cityviewer

Cadfael

Default Flash Earth/Google Earth/Cityviewer

Long before Flash Earth and Google Earth was with us, I had a copy of 'Cityviewer' which was basically the same as what Google Earth is now, but just for the Liverpool boundary. Just about shows Bootle at one end and just peeps out over the M62 the other side.

It is going back to about 1996 when the images were captured but if there have been changes in the area since, it is an amazing way to see what used to be there. The Forum still doesn't allow me to post images (Kev...) but if anyone wants an imagine around their local area then let me know and I'll send em it.

I was browsing the waterfront last night and I was actually shocked at how big Chavasse Park really was. We really didn't see that coming and lost probably the only large sized green space in the city centre - for more shops. I really hope it is worth it but there was nothing like sitting on the top of the park on a nice day eating your lunch.

Quote Originally Posted by Cadfael View Post
    I was browsing the waterfront last night and I was actually shocked at how big Chavasse Park really was. We really didn't see that coming and lost probably the only large sized green space in the city centre - for more shops. I really hope it is worth it but there was nothing like sitting on the top of the park on a nice day eating your lunch.
    Grovesnor are spending millions making Chavasse Park a proper park, not just a grassed over bomb site (it's the centrepiece of the scheme), so you can still enjoy your butties.

Cadfael

Quote Originally Posted by petromax View Post
    Grovesnor are spending millions making Chavasse Park a proper park, not just a grassed over bomb site (it's the centrepiece of the scheme), so you can still enjoy your butties.
    Very true, but a park without a view though. Little point in having a grassy area when most of it is in shadow due to the surrounding new buildings.

The taller buildings are to the north where the sun don't shine. The lower hotel is to the south and will be no higher than the police headquarters is now. The park level is raised so will get more sun than it did before and the view of the Albert Dock and the river will be great.

There will also be places to buy butties and more at the at the top of the park.