Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 11 to 15 of 15

Thread: Christopher Medland Merchant Navy

  1. #11
    Senior Member brian daley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Tamworth,Staffs
    Posts
    1,045
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Hi Dave,
    just finished reading your post's,fascinating stuff. We are both of the same vintage and have many common memories. Your dad's story was special though,I have never seen so many discharges in one post,phenomenal!. Your dad was truly special in that he was an allrounder, he served his timed on deck as an A.B. ,as well as down below as a fireman/trimmer and 4th engineer. Not many folk can boast of such a career. You have done your father proud and I thank you for sharing your memories and posting the pictures.
    regards
    BrianD
    P.S.
    I too sailed on the Chirripo, the new one ,in the 60's.

  2. #12
    Member davemed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Northwich, Cheshire, England
    Age
    78
    Posts
    33
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post

    Default

    Hello Brian,

    Thanks for reading my post on my Dad.

    Thanks to Oudeis.

    David.
    David ( davemed ).

    Every day is a new day. So, enjoy it.


  3. #13
    Newbie mauriceuk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Southport
    Posts
    2
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Smile David Your Dad

    Him David what a wonderfull story, unfortunatly he was before my time so I never met him.

    I was 1948-- 1954 now aged 78 going on 21


    Thanks for sharing, I only wish I could find sat least one of my shipmates, guess they could be dead by now.

    Wish our Merchant Navy was still afloat so I could join again, loved every minute of it and mates were mates.

    Take care to all of you here.

    My best

    Maurice(UK)
    85% of scousers when surveyed, said they enjoyed sex in the shower. the other 15% haven't been to prison yet

  4. #14
    Senior Member Tigra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Age
    62
    Posts
    5
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    David, well done, i know the satisfaction compiling such a beautifull tribute to your Dad, has been.
    I have done a fare bit on my in-laws, but yours far out ways any i have done
    Congratulations to you. Your Dad will sure be proud of you.
    And a big thankyou for sharing it all with us xxx

  5. #15
    Member davemed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Northwich, Cheshire, England
    Age
    78
    Posts
    33
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post

    Default

    Many thanks to you all for the tributes paid to my Father.

    It was a pleasure to read them all.

    We all owe a huge debt to those many MN sailors who lost their lives in WW II.

    Advertisements -------

    It is a shame that the British The Merchant Navy these days is not as prolific as it was. And that shipping companies mainly now sail under foreign flags of convenience.

    It is also a pleasure to have read your personal stories too like Maurice(UK) .

    Thank you.

    David.
    David ( davemed ).

    Every day is a new day. So, enjoy it.


Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Similar Threads

  1. Merchant Navy Memories
    By ItsaZappathing in forum Liverpool Sailors
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-29-2011, 02:38 PM
  2. Merchant Navy Records.
    By grekko in forum Liverpool Genealogy and People Search
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-06-2011, 01:24 PM
  3. MERCHANT NAVY DAY
    By captain kong in forum Liverpool Sailors
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-06-2010, 12:35 AM
  4. Training For Merchant Navy Cadets
    By jimmy in forum Liverpool History and Heritage Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-16-2008, 03:50 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68