YO! Liverpool
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Macca and Ringo come home for 2008

Thanks

Default Macca and Ringo come home for 2008

It was formally announced today that Ringo is performing at the opening ceremony and Macca later in the year at Anfield. There is to be a ballot to decide who gets tickets and you can only apply for a maximum of 2. You can register for tickets online but be aware you need to have an 08 card for your registration to proceed.

Here is the link which also includes some classical concerts as well

http://www.liverpool08.com/Events/Re...kets/index.asp

Munchkim

ADVERTISING

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by munchkim View Post
    It was formally announced today that Ringo is performing at the opening ceremony and Macca later in the year at Anfield. There is to be a ballot to decide who gets tickets and you can only apply for a maximum of 2. You can register for tickets online but be aware you need to have an 08 card for your registration to proceed.

Here is the link which also includes some classical concerts as well

http://www.liverpool08.com/Events/Re...kets/index.asp

Munchkim
    Thanks for posting this, munchkim. I am almost inclined to fly over from the United States for Sir Paul's concert at Anfield on June 1, 2008, partly because my sixtieth birthday is next year. I do though have a big work deadline to meet in June so it doesn't really look doable.

Chris
    Christopher T. George
    Editor, Ripperologist
    Editor, Loch Raven Review
    http://christophertgeorge.blogspot.com/
    Chris on Flickr and on MySpace

Thanks

Former Beatles Paul McCartney and Ringo Starr are coming home to celebrate Liverpool's year as European Capital of Culture in 2008.

McCartney is headlining a concert at Anfield Stadium, home of Liverpool Football Club, while Starr is joining forces with Eurythmics member Dave Stewart for "Liverpool The Musical."
    "It's going to be a great year," McCartney promised in a statement on Thursday detailing plans for the northern English city's cultural bonanza.
    "I'm very proud of the city and I look forward to welcoming you all and showing you a good time," McCartney said.
    He is headlining next June's concert which will be broadcast live to a worldwide audience. The full line-up is to be announced later.
    The Liverpool musical was described as "Stravinsky meets Hip Hop" with an eclectic cast ranging from Ringo Starr to the Royal Liverpool Philharmonic Orchestra

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by matt View Post
    The Liverpool musical was described as "Stravinsky meets Hip Hop" with an eclectic cast ranging from Ringo Starr to the Royal Liverpool Philharmonic Orchestra. . .
    Hmmm. Yes. Starting to cringe at this idea. . .

Chris
    Christopher T. George
    Editor, Ripperologist
    Editor, Loch Raven Review
    http://christophertgeorge.blogspot.com/
    Chris on Flickr and on MySpace

Thanks

I registered for tickets but didnt get the confirmation email, but a work colleague did. Anyone else had the same?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SteH View Post
    I registered for tickets but didnt get the confirmation email, but a work colleague did. Anyone else had the same?
    I got a confirmation email aswell Ste.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast