Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Wilsons Bar, Wood Street

Quote Originally Posted by horseflaps View Post
    I did occassionally sit upstairs on the balcony, always on the floor as i remember for some reason.
    I never did go into Freewheelers, I had friends who went but I always went upstairs into Sloanes.
    Was the bouncer there called Mark Thomas? he had spider web tattoos on his elbows, I wonder what happened to him, or Stu who worked behind the bar.
    unfortunatley mark thomas died RIP MARK there was only one mark thomas, dont know wwhat happend to stewy! love to know tho ahhh stewy and tracey his girl, do you rememer me kirsty? i used to work behind the bar in the wilsons?

Quote Originally Posted by Motorhemp View Post
    I'm sure you mean 'Mad Arthur' ... mate of Andy Alehouse...
    haha arthur stienz he was nuts i remember andy alehouse anorl he was livin lark lane a few years ago

i used to work in the wilsons kirsty! anyone remember meeeeeee?? sadlly mark thomas off the wilsons door died heard he had a heart attack. RIP MARK THOMAS there was only one of him, his famous chat up line wanna ride on my harley davidson think he said it to every female came thru the door ha, anyone remember big jimmy, burnsey, biffo, boz, my mates franny and michelle worked in freewheelers?? stewy and tracey? sadly jon the barmaid died aswell. anyone feel free to add me on facebook kirstywirsty@live.com x

Quote Originally Posted by kirsty View Post
    unfortunatley mark thomas died RIP MARK there was only one mark thomas, dont know wwhat happend to stewy! love to know tho ahhh stewy and tracey his girl, do you rememer me kirsty? i used to work behind the bar in the wilsons?

did you have your 21st birthday party in walton prison officers social club ??!

Oh Welcome back Horseflaps, where have you been ?
    Getting Married, Having kids ?
    Started the Old Swan Website:

http://oldswan.piczo.com/?cr=5

Quote Originally Posted by hmtmaj View Post
    Oh Welcome back Horseflaps, where have you been ?
    Getting Married, Having kids ?
    funnilly enough hmtmaj yes ive just done both, how did you guess ?!

Default the Wilsons and Nightriders aka the Freewheelers

Quote Originally Posted by horseflaps View Post
    Hi All, I'm not too sure if this is the right place to request photos but I would love to see some pictures of an old bar I used to frequent in my youth.

It was called Wilsons and was on the bottom of Wood Street in town. It would be great to see some pics of either the outside and especially the inside.
    Hi my name is Tom i used to work on the Nightriders door before scotts Jimmy remember the Wilsons well pitty i have no photos i don't think many people will have i never seen anyone there with a camera ever!!!

---------- Post added at 11:01 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:42 AM ----------

Hi the last time i seen Foz was with the Merseybeats down in devon abou 5 years ago
    I worked on the door of the ridrers about 82 still friends with Dennis you know white beard long white hair always by the bar!!

Just thougt I would clarify a few things. Firstly I am Sadies friend he died in 1993 he owned Wilsons ,Bar Royale and Freewheelers. In the old days Freewheelers was a very posh club called the Ascot and Sadie bought the whole lot,I managed Freewheelers for a few years before
    Sadie died although I was originally in the Bar Royal. I remember all the names that have been mentioned in this forum. Arthur Styles he uses to walk around with hand grenades and all other things . also Mark Thomas Foz Roy Cambo they were all doormen also Stu Kirstie Jon Wright and Arthur from Wilsons. It was a good place till Sadie died then his stopid sister took over and ruined the place I went on holiday ans when I came back she had sold the place for 3,000 pounds it is now worth 3 million. hope this helps Arthur

Do you all mind, ur making me feel old!!! My hubby Lou (Hook) worked the door @ Freewheelers for a few years. All the years I went there i only ever knew of 2 fights, and I was preggers when both happened! one of them Steve made me and 'Chelle go in the room with the barrels and the other one there was nearly a riot coz preggy me got caught between Steve and someone who wanted to take a swing at him! Dont think Dev or Gareth ever moved so fast in there lives!
    Agree with Arthur about Sadies sister-she was a cow of the 1st order.
    I used to have to go down to the Bar Royale (back stairs) for ice!!!

Great recollections you lot, it sounded like a community rather than a drinking hole.

www.inacityliving.piczo.com/

Updated weekly with old and new pics.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234