Thread: George Haycock and Frances Prince

Default George Haycock and Frances Prince

I am looking for any information/relatives/descendants with regard to the following couple:

George HAYCOCK, son of John Haycock and Unknown
    b. 1863 Wolverhampton, Staffordshire
    married 23 Dec 1888 in Liverpool to
    Frances PRINCE, daughter of Joseph Prince and Ann Stanton/Threlfall
    b. 1867 Toxteth Park

Although I have received much information already from many kind people, there are still many bits of information missing.

I do know that:

*George was a blacksmith, served in the Navy and was a docklabourer; supposedly was killed by a bomb near the end of WWII; apparently invented some type of breech loading device (??) and went to court numerous times to obtain the patent

*Frances was the daughter of Ann Stanton, who was previously married to a man named William Penn Threlfall; had a half-brother named George Prince from her father's previous marriage; had another half-brother and sister from her mother's 1st marriage

*They had a son named Joseph "Joe" who was an amputee and married a woman named Ann Armstrong

*They had a son named John "Jack" Walter who worked in The Netherlands as an English teacher

Any information would be HUGELY appreciated!

Default haycock prince family

my grandparents were joe and ann haycock, grandad died in 1968 and my little nan died in 1986. i can remember quite a bit about grandads family edie parker always got her full name, uncle jack[john] was a tall military looking man and he had two thumbs on his right hand we [my sister brother and myself] didnt see him very often as i think he lived and worked in london he said he guarded the queen whether that was true or not i dont know but it impressed us i can remember aunty flo but there was a flo on my nans side of the family so i cant remember if she was a haycock originally.joe was an amputee and he and my nan got married in 1925,they had 3 children joeseph born in1926 florence who was born and died in 1928 and my mum joyce born in1930 i am at the moment doing my family tree so when i can remember or find out anymore i will write again

Hi Lyn.

Well, I never thought anybody would respond to this, since I have been searching for the Haycock family for so long. I won't disclose too much info on this forum because it's sensitive, but I can tell you that we're related. And if you're doing the family tree then I have a HUGE load of data for you.

Please keep in touch, this is pretty exiting for me.

Warm regards, Scruffy
    I don't suffer from insanity, I actually enjoy it!
    It seems the rest of the world has a problem with it ...