Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Children's home in Gateacre in the 70's

Default Temp accomodation!

I think the home in question is the childrens admission unit on Acrefield road it was used to put up children temporary. It is just a step from woolton village.
    Oh as I was young and easy in the mercy of his means,
    Time held me green and dying
    Though I sang in my chains like the sea.

Dylan Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by PhilipG View Post
    cbw
    Even if what you are saying is true, you make it hard to believe by posting in such a way.
    it just gets my back up with people not knowing the full facts and i would trust my family around ************* without any hesitation ... apologies to the members with a mind of there own as for the rest! well i hope you are not fortunate enough to become rich anytime soon because then you will meet the real monsters in life!

just for the record i would be pleased to front anyone hosting a one dimensional brain and put the real facts of a hard working mans life b4 its ripped away from him by gutless money grabbing liars. as it is written "Money (That's What I Want)" because that's what they got! and loads of it ... "justice in a democratic police state" ain't it a great thing to have.

you are either a great liar or a bad truth teller! Mr ********** was the latter.
    Last edited by Kev; 04-03-2011 at 11:57 AM.

my brother and I did find it and were made very welcome by the nuns - they apologised and said 'its not like that anymore' and it seems to be true - we were shown round by a couple of children who seemed very happy there.

My memories give me night mares 45 years later

I have only just discovered this site so I may be a bit late. My 2 brothers and I were in Knolle Park for a couple of years from 1949 (before your time).

There is a website Careleavers Reunited with 31 people registered as having been there.

Margaret

Gold digging monsters? 13 different boys (at least) so, the judge gave him 11 years for being a nice man? He pleaded "Guilty as charged" so it didn´t go to the crown court.

********** was convicted under "Operation Care" the enquirey into sex abuse in care homes. Detective Mal Neil of the merseyside police would be interested in your information on the saintly ******. Abney, Garsden, McDonald solicitors would also love to hear about nice **********.

This vermin was the worst of the worst, I know from first hand. As for the "Gold digging monsters" some of them were little boys when he was at his handy work.

He never touched you? be thankful for that.

Oh, as for it p*****g down here in sunny Andalucia, we´d love some rain, after all, it gets a bit boring having barbies every day.
    Last edited by Kev; 04-03-2011 at 11:58 AM.
    Always remember lads, one Evertonian is worth 20 Liverpudlians
    Brian Labone, Everton Captain

See my other post. CBW

How you can defend a convicted (yes, CONVICTED) paedophile beats me? Anyone who disagrees with you is mindless?

Heres something for you. *********** (hard working man) was a taxi owner who also owned the bowling alley in New Brighton... why then did he live in a one room gatehouse at Knoll Park Convent for the best part of 20 years? Why did he serve 11 years for child sex abuse? why would scores of boys from across two decades conspire to get money out of him.

You have your opinion of this guy, I have the facts and the first hand experience.

If you see your mate ****, ask him, I would be interested in his answers.
    Last edited by Kev; 04-03-2011 at 11:59 AM.

I stayed there for a couple of weeks or so before going on to St gabriel´s Knoll park. Nice place except they locked the doors.

When I was at Abbotts Lea we still heard horror stories about the nuns at that place. It put me off running away from Abbotts Lea because they said we would end up there. However things got to the point were I had no choice and ran away anyway. Dark days indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by Doylie View Post
    Gold digging monsters? 13 different boys (at least) so, the judge gave him 11 years for being a nice man? He pleaded "Guilty as charged" so it didn´t go to the crown court.

******* was convicted under "Operation Care" the enquirey into sex abuse in care homes. Detective Mal Neil of the merseyside police would be interested in your information on the saintly ******. Abney, Garsden, McDonald solicitors would also love to hear about nice ******.

This vermin was the worst of the worst, I know from first hand. As for the "Gold digging monsters" some of them were little boys when he was at his handy work.

He never touched you? be thankful for that.

Oh, as for it p*****g down here in sunny Andalucia, we´d love some rain, after all, it gets a bit boring having barbies every day.
    Well said Doylie I am a girl and I looked very like a boy I lived there in the late 70s I can tell you right now **** is a Nonse simple. I had to put up with him making me sit on his knee in the mini bus while he tickled me then at the same time and touched me up. I never went to court or got any money. And **** this is proberly you since you where released from prision . If it is you i hope you die a painfull death after what you put me through you ruiened my whole life.
    Last edited by Kev; 04-03-2011 at 11:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by lily8 View Post
    I think that you probably were at St gabriels Knolle Park in Woolton I was there in the early sixties, some of the nuns then were Sts Arsenius, Gertrude, Andrew, Ethelberga and Bernadette among others. The boys dormitory was accessed via a walkway from the girls side. If I recall correctly in the boys dorm there was a iron circular staircase the lady that looked after the boys in those days was called Doreen. Knolle Park in the 60's stood in a great deal of land (later quite a lot sold off) they had a piggery, orchard and vegetable garden, laundry situated near the piggery and parts of that area i think dated bach to the 1600's.
    If you remember going to chapel you may recall the long walk up stone steps early mornings to mass the chapel in those days was at the very top of the building.
    does any of this help???
    Regards
    Lilian
    Hi Lilian,
    I was there in the 60's too.
    I shared a room with a girl called LILY or LIZZY, cant remember, my brother was in our room for a while too cos there was no room for him in the boys dorm.
    Did you share a room with us Lilian?
    I got measles after only one week of being there and a nun would come to the room every night and put lotion on for me.
    Take care lily8 xxx

i was there in 1973/74 age 3 onwards, same confusion as to where it was but im told strawberry fields closed but then re-opened as a childrens home/ 'assessment centre' as my Mum called it, the part about the wellies i remember very well also the balaclavas and woollen hats, i remember running away and it was definately autumn will never forget the colours in the leaves, anyway the building had a modern overhang connected to the older building as this was where they dragged me back inside, the overhang can still be seen through strawberry fields gates, the name miss oxo resounds in my memory banks too, and what seemed like a long room with old red leather studded benches, i would copy my older brother by throwing unwanted food under the table at mealtimes, also remember a visiting day must have been for parents though we went unvisited and some of the children in a cramped foyer were given small gifts cheap plastic motorbikes etc,

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123