Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Au revoir The Lamb

PhilipG

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisGeorge View Post
    Hi Philip

Sorry to be pedantic about it, but if the Council owns the place doesn't that mean that the citizens of Liverpool, i.e., the rate payers own it, which makes it a "public place"?

Chris

Why be so pedantic, Chris?
    Comments like yours could put people off from posting on this (usually) friendly site.

The pavement on St John's Lane, or anywhere in William Brown Street are places where I could take photos without Liverpool City Council's Stewards challenging me.
    So my point (above) is quite valid.

Quote Originally Posted by PhilipG View Post
    Why be so pedantic, Chris?
    Comments like yours could put people off from posting on this (usually) friendly site.

The pavement on St John's Lane, or anywhere in William Brown Street are places where I could take photos without Liverpool City Council's Stewards challenging me.
    So my point (above) is quite valid.
    Hi Philip

This is a friendly site. I am just trying to question why the Council should object to you taking photographs on what should be, in my interpretation, public property. I am a photographer too and I just wonder why taking photos in St. John's Gardens should be taboo.

Chris
    Christopher T. George
    Editor, Ripperologist
    Editor, Loch Raven Review
    http://christophertgeorge.blogspot.com/
    Chris on Flickr and on MySpace

PhilipG

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisGeorge View Post
    Hi Philip

This is a friendly site. I am just trying to question why the Council should object to you taking photographs on what should be, in my interpretation, public property. I am a photographer too and I just wonder why taking photos in St. John's Gardens should be taboo.

Chris
    I've posted quite a lot recently on my experience in St John's Gardens, so I'm not going to repeat myself, but will direct you to the 800th Birthday thread (and others), which being a Moderator, I thought you might have read.
    All I'll say is that St John's Gardens belongs to the Council, and is not in the same category as a public street (which probably also technically belongs to the Council, but isn't supervised in the same way.)

chippie

Default RUDIE NUDIE PHOTO,just for Mandy and Jackie, and maybe single from Dingle. lol

Blog Entries

If you can't dazzle them with brilliance,baffle them with bull

http://www.bmycharity.com/laurenrobinson please give generously to childrens cancer charity Clic sergent

Chippie wrote: "RUDIE NUDIE PHOTO,just for Mandy and Jackie, and maybe single from Dingle. "

Well I got a nice chuckle. Thanks, Chippie.

Chris

PS Nothing to do with your attributes. Just reminded me of the beginning of the old Monty Python shows with the nude bloke at the piano. . .
    Christopher T. George
    Editor, Ripperologist
    Editor, Loch Raven Review
    http://christophertgeorge.blogspot.com/
    Chris on Flickr and on MySpace

Location Kensington drone_pilot's Avatar

And now for somthing compleatly diffrent.
    multi multa; nemo omnia novit

chippie

well I,m blowed. Glad you like my scouse humour

chippie

Hey, no offence to single from the dingle..

Quote Originally Posted by lindylou View Post
    I think probably Marie blocked out the face.
    It's the best thing to do when posting a picture on the internet - not everyone might take kindly if they suddenly came across their mug - or someone else said they'd seen them

It's best to block out the face and then you are covered if you use the pic without that person's permission.
    Yeah!! I have toke this photo on 22nd of August with Genieve, when we were going at home, after Babycream. I do not know what say the law here, in Spain only is not possible to take photos to childrens, but to adult people are not problems... only was a (personal) moral's opinion, coz I would not like see my face in a public space...

Where do you draw the line, peoples houses where the Beatles lived appear on the www, pubs - (does the landlord come out and say 'Oy'?)

It's all a bit crazy when there's real far worse things going on all around us. If a steward told me to stop photographing or to delete a pic, i'd first tell him to grow up, if he persisted, i'd ask him what he's going to do about it, get me arrested - I wouldn't mind the hallaballoo of going through with something like this on principal to see how far they could take it and letting the news people get hold of it and seeing how stupid these jobsworths really are.
    www.inacityliving.piczo.com/

Updated weekly with old and new pics.

Quote Originally Posted by Ged View Post
    Where do you draw the line, peoples houses where the Beatles lived appear on the www, pubs - (does the landlord come out and say 'Oy'?)

It's all a bit crazy when there's real far worse things going on all around us. If a steward told me to stop photographing or to delete a pic, i'd first tell him to grow up, if he persisted, i'd ask him what he's going to do about it, get me arrested - I wouldn't mind the hallaballoo of going through with something like this on principal to see how far they could take it and letting the news people get hold of it and seeing how stupid these jobsworths really are.
    Ged, I am not blocked the police's face for "the law".
    Its a personal opinion... I do not like to see my face in a public web site, so, I do not like do it the same, with other persons (except if I know their opinions...).
    I'm sorry if I can not explain that well...
    Thanx u.

Not on about you Marie but the way Phil was stopped taking pics. I see you had a moral opinion and that's ok.

Cadfael

Quote Originally Posted by PhilipG View Post
    If somebody is in a public place, and they appear on a photo, there's nothing they can do about it.
    What about journalists talking to camera and the public are walking by?

My experience in St John's Gardens (when I was challenged about what I was snapping) was because those gardens are owned by the Council, so strictly speaking aren't a "public place" (which sounds wrong, but it isn't).
    There is nothing they can do about it Philip, but you have every right to ask for a picture to be removed from a website or forum that shows you on it.

When building a website, I have to be ultra careful that I have accounted for all my pictures, and it is very rare that I take a picture with someone else in the background - too much trouble for it's own good!

Ainscough's Liverpool book has pics he took throughout the 60s, mainly 66/67. Nearly all contain people and it enhances them because you see the fashions and hairstyles too and gives a sense of time as do the motor vehicles in the photos, Joe Devine does this too, it's part of the attraction. I think it can be a bit drab and a loss to just photograph a building with nothing else in shot but it's a trap I fall into sometimes.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast